Anyone ever abandoned by a parent?

I have never met my real father, wanted nothing to do with me or my mom while she was pregnant with me.
I was lucky, I did grow up my younger years living with my grandparents,mom and uncle and ended up calling my grandpa dad.
And I had a stepfather through my teenage years.
My mom divorced him some years ago, and now she's remarried. Ive never been without a father figure.
My other question is has anyone met the parent they were abandoned by and how did that go? Lately I've been thinking about meeting my real dad.

Nack

Banned
I grew up with no father figure at all, my father died when I was a kid so... And mom never got remarried so that's good I guess. If I was in your position, I wouldn't even care for the man.

Luke1993

I'm not sure about my father if he "abandoned" me or not he was thrown out the house by my mother because he was a gambling addict. He never tried to contact me or anything so I'm not sure if that counts, I've only met him a couple of times and we only said hello to each other. My siblings are from two different fathers, so they're technically half brother and sisters but i just call them my brother and sisters as it's easier to say. Their fathers also left but under different circumstances.

LadyWench

I guess you could say my "father" abandoned me. He was basically just a sperm donor, if you ask me. He and my mom went out for a while, but never got married. My mom was smart not to marry him. But in my opinion, when she found out she had gotten pregnant by him (pregnant with me), she should have just gotten an abortion.

My father has never wanted anything to do with me. I know it's his fault, not mine. But it still hurts, even though I hate him with all of my being. He has a lot of kids by different women, and didn't bother loving any of them either. So, I know it's his issue. I've never had a father figure in my life. I have an older sister, but she has a different father. She never met him. So, we're kind of in the same boat, I guess. But I think her situation is a little better than mine because she just doesn't know her father and she's never met him. My mom told me that she just had a one-night stand with him and got pregnant. But I know my father. I've met him several times when I was little. He just doesn't give a sh*t about me. That hurts...even if he is a maggot.

Blah blah blah. /end emo sob story.