Anyone else have physical ailments from being socialphobic?

mndigi

I have immense lower back ache and weakness since the start of my adulthood. The doctor said it was because I didn't play much in my childhood so my muscles are weak. I didn't play because other kids used to brutally mock me. So my SP has caused me this big physical ailment. Any one else face a physical ailment arising out of their socialphobia?

bagota50

I have joints pains and get fatigue often.
I have trouble concentrating sometimes, and I get muscle cramps.
I don't think it's caused by anxiety per se, but the stress that it causes.

Dancing Fool

Because you didn't play enough? That doesn't sound right! I have several physical problems, and I am pretty unhealthy in general. I can't it's related though, I don't what causes it all.

I have problems with my back and I'm a bit weak. I was stronger 2-3 years earlier. But now I'm spending all my days sitting at my laptop or lying on my bed with laptop... My lower back started to feel bad couple of month ago, but I did some exercises and now I don't feel so bad about my back. But still I'm weak I always forget to do exercises... I'm a bit lazy... Maybe not a bit but a lot.

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I have a very weak back. I was never very sporty either and hardly ever exercised (yeah... I'm not going to the gym anytime soon).
I also have a vitamin (K) deficiency, in which my body cannot properly absorb calcium, leaving my bones very sore and frail, with an increased risk of developing MS. I think it was vitamin K anyway...
I also do not eat properly.
These are all because of the toll mental illnesses have on my lifestyle/the way I treat myself.
Because of genetics, I have high blood pressure at a young age.

mndigi

Re: Dancing Fool

Because you didn't play enough? That doesn't sound right! I have several physical problems, and I am pretty unhealthy in general. I can't it's related though, I don't what causes it all.

Well, if we don't exercise enough, our muscles and bones become soft. That's what happened I guess.

Apple Strudel

I walk with a hunchback and my facial muscles are kinda loose or 'expressive'. They are always contorted into some funny fashion.

workout

Oh yes, you sound so much like me. I never played during my childhood because I wasn't good in any sport. I put on weight and my spine couldn't handle it. I developed a very weak lower back and it arched so much that it was embarrassing. I frequently suffered from low back pain attacks, so much so that I couldn't move an inch. At the age of 24, I started exercising. It's been 5 years now and I've never had serious problems. It still pains if I ride around town on my motorcycle but other than that I feel good. Physical problems, I believe, are closely related to physical activity. Social phobia doesn't allow us to exercise outdoors but indoors can be equally productive.

mndigi

Apple Strudel,
I used to walk with a hunchback too in highschool but it was because of sucking my stomach in to look thin (funnily weird but it was me).

workout,
Good to hear that your back is better now from exercising! I have been prescribed special exercises by my physio and recently I have started to follow them regularly, and also lost a lot of weight too. Hope to see healthier days!