Anyone afraid of HELL?

Are you afraid of hell?

• No. I am a Christian I know that God pardons me and will destroy only other people.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zipper

Am I the only one who believes he is going to be destroyed by God for my wrong and my doubt? 8O

I can't get the idea of hell out of my mind and tend to obsess about it constantly. :cry: Is hell real? I mean, doesn't the Bible talk about it? If God's going to destroy any of his creatures, I know that it will include me, because I am too anxious to keep believing that it is true. Listening to Bible teaching terrifies me, so I stay very far away and try my best to disbelieve. But I am still so scared. :oops:

I am afraid of doing so many things, because I am afraid that God is going to requite destruction upon me if there are flaws in what I do. :lol: I am quite timid and reserved. I haven't done a lot with my life and have never done sort of "rebellious" things because of this concern of retribution.

I think it is what caused my social anxiety -- this thought that I might be the object of revenge by a mind that observes me and observes me making mistakes. :cry: It's not that difficult to make the jump from a belief in a God the operation of whose judgment is calculated to destroy and a belief that other people might be the same way if I make unguarded mistakes.

I'm so sad. I wish I had never been born. :( I'm not sure if this gloom will ever lift.

Personally I could never imagine something like hell, so I doubt it exists. The world basically exists in my concious mind anyway. If I die, the world dies with me essentially. When Im dead the world may as well not exist in relation to me, since I am gone. In this way, whats the point of hell. If its an extention of this reality, I will not be "concious" of it.

When I knocked myself out crashing my mountain bike, I woke up and didnt remember anything, dead will most likely be the same thing.

Dont get me wrong, I do believe I will see people Iv known who are dead, in what context Im not sure. I guess I dont really believe in a heaven or a hell, just another existence.

Think about it this way:

When you die, you either dont exist, or you do exist, there is no in between. You will either exist as nothing until your "soul" or "life force" finds another body (yeah sounds like reincarnation doesnt it? :p) or you will never exist again in which case why worry, you wont know about it. Therefore when you die all that CAN happen is you do find another body, or another form of life, since thats the only way you will know about anything.

I wouldnt say I believe in a God in the christian sence. I believe in the unseen, I believe that if I ask things of my ancestors then they will try to make them happen. I do believe in a supreem being, however not one who is supreemly good, I have a more realistic view of a "god".

Dont be scared, If the Christian god is a fact, then its technically his fault ur a bad person since he has created you in his image and has allowed you to stray.

What awaits on the other side? Who knows but I doubt its hell. (Hope Im not wrong or il be hot hot hot ^^ :p) But seriously, dont lose any sleep over it. Im not a bad person, no-one can be perfect. As long as you havent murdered anyone or eaten human flesh how the hell can a moderately decent God send you to firery eternity :p

Zipper

Evanescent1980 said:
One should not fear a place that does not exist...
But how can you be so confident? Isn't there a risk that, beyond the grave, God could really lay the destruction down on you, like Jesus taught? Yikes, I mean it's possible, right? Is it worth the risk to disbelieve it, when, if you believed it, you could be pardoned of divine destruction that God would visit upon you or Jesus as atonement sacrifice? :cry:

I mean, this is some pretty emotionally traumatizing stories, but all I keep thinking is WHAT IF IT'S TRUE! How horrible woud that be? :cry:

i wish I could be as confident as you, tell me how! :p

Rainman

Hell is real, but only in your mind. Who says you have to die to go to hell, you can experience hell right now on Earth. If your consciousness(soul) existed after the death of your physical body, then your state of existence or being would be according to how you were in your physical body. At death, we review our lives, it's like a film reel that flashes before your eyes and unlike before, you can no longer hide from it. You live through everything again.

If what you see then leaves you with regret and misery, that is just what your reality will become. Think about nightmares, when your subconscious mind is full of negative thoughts and fears, they manifest in your dreams as nightmares and that is exactly what hell would be like. It would be a negative state of being.

Some have experienced this hell. People who are insane or szhizophrenic experience psychotic episodes of unbearable suffering. Others, who take hallucinogenic druigs, can go on bad trips that can leave them traumatized for life. That is what hell is -- a very bad trip!

Have you seen that film "What Dreams May come?" you will find the visualisation of hell and the philosophy to be interesting.

Knowing that, you need to live your life so that when it is time to go, you no longer have any regrets and can leave smiling.

nedkelly

I guess i personally won't fear what i believe to be not true.
But i do agree that there must be something out there in some form or another. If we(humans) are possible, i always wonder what there is out there?? I find it very fascinating...even though i don't believe in god.
It's amazing to think what we have yet to discover!..maybe we will never know for sure.
I know some people will say we already know...with religous beliefs and so on :wink: . But that's okay :), we have all got our different belief's.

Horatio

I do not fear hell, I know not if it is real but know that anything would be preferable to spending eternity in heaven surrounded by christians

marshall1234 said:
Dont be scared, If the Christian god is a fact, then its technically his fault ur a bad person since he has created you in his image and has allowed you to stray.

Well, God is nice enough to allow you to make this comment. God also allows all people to do their own will. If someone wants to do sinful things then they can. However if you rob someone or kill someone then that isnt God's fault, thats your fault.

TLZ

I'm not scared of hell. First of all I'm convinced it doesen't exist. The whole concept of heaven and hell is one of many many concept created by religion to scare people into believing. (Noticed how religions always promises alot of good things if you follow the religion and not least, the leaders of it and promies some kind of hell if you don't?)

If there is an god(with all power, etc) that have created me, everyone and everything. He has allready determined what I will feel, think and want. All these three are results of yourself and your surroundings. In other words then god created me to be atheist, witch I doubt if he existed would want to.

Also, IF there is an allmighty good he has created me with sa, depression, add, horrible surroundings for a time and somee other shit. Nice god.

(Alot of christians might percive this as disrespectfull as it doubts their beiefs. It is not my intent to be disrespectfull, but my opinions(apparently so some) are. And I won't just not tell them because of that.)

jinxed: There are several versions/transelations of the bible and not least extremely different intereptations. As I can see in the way you write follow one like most of them that claim to be the objective truth.

LA-girl: Yes, salvation through christ is the centre of christianity, but as I said there are different intereptations. Some maybe claim that if you truly believe you _will_ try to do your best to follow certain rules.

TLZ

I wrote that some intereptations claimed that you'd try your best to follow the rules if you truly believe. There's a difference between doing and trying.

Ernie

I don't believe in hell (or heaven for that matter) and I don't believe in any god, gods or religion. I might be wrong, but couldn't care less. If he/she/it doesn't leave any clear signs of his/her/its existence, I'm not going to believe in it. Besides, I'm not very keen on the idea of something "above" me that think he/she/it can and should control everyone and everything.