Anyone afraid of being alone with one person?

Luka

Even if it's a friend I get so nervous that it's just the two of us. I obsess over trying to keep the conversation alive and I don't even enjoy the actual socializing part. I just try so hard to keep the friendship steady and it makes me so mad and so uncomfortable. I just hate being with one person! It's so scary... Especially with someone you don't know ._. Is it just me? I'd rather be in larger groups because I can just hide in the crowd.

takethislife

SA-ers usually dont like big crowds by definition but when you look at it, it gets worse the fewer people you're with. The fewer people the group has, you're more expected to talk.
Except when it's just you

Phoenixx

I am actually the complete opposite. If I'm with a friend, I'd rather it just be the two of us than with a whole group of people. I'm so much more comfortable talking just one-on-one. Unless it's someone I don't know, then I don't really like being alone with them. It makes me pretty nervous too because I don't really know how to keep up the conversation going.

Luka

I am actually the complete opposite. If I'm with a friend, I'd rather it just be the two of us than with a whole group of people. I'm so much more comfortable talking just one-on-one. Unless it's someone I don't know, then I don't really like being alone with them. It makes me pretty nervous too because I don't really know how to keep up the conversation going.

With me I feel comfortable being alone with one person as long as I'm very close to them but if it's just a friend I'm not that close to I get very nervous and uncomfortable - I don't know why this happens seeing as they're a friend?

IGotSeoul

Yes relate with this.

Even if it's a friend I get so nervous that it's just the two of us. I obsess over trying to keep the conversation alive and I don't even enjoy the actual socializing part. I just try so hard to keep the friendship steady and it makes me so mad and so uncomfortable. I just hate being with one person! It's so scary... Especially with someone you don't know ._. Is it just me? I'd rather be in larger groups because I can just hide in the crowd.

Although I can understand how you feel. When I lived in New York City I felt a sense of freedom because there were so many people and it was much more apparent that none of them were concerned with me. I don't think friendship requires spontaneous conversation as a means of sustaining it. You don't have to struggle to keep it alive, it's almost self-sustaining through just being there. Be yourself, be polite, say what you feel and feel what they say. ::p:

Srijita52

Its the same with me.I also prefer to be in a large group where I can hide myself & occasionally contribute one or two words than being in a one-on-one conversation where I've to keep the whole conversation going.Its really tiresome even with friends.Of course,its different with my best friend,once I'm with her I can't get myself to shut up,but even then sometimes I find myself running out of topics to talk about.

Luka

Its the same with me.I also prefer to be in a large group where I can hide myself & occasionally contribute one or two words than being in a one-on-one conversation where I've to keep the whole conversation going.Its really tiresome even with friends.Of course,its different with my best friend,once I'm with her I can't get myself to shut up,but even then sometimes I find myself running out of topics to talk about.

yes, I'm glad I've found someone just like me :) I agree with you though but when being with a best friend it's so much easier and just genuinely fun to be around them.

mismeek

you should just let the other person carry that conversation.. let them come up with the questions and you just respond. If you let a few awkward silences happen the other person will try to fill it, unless they have SA too. So.. yeah let them do the work lol

Srijita52

yes, I'm glad I've found someone just like me :) I agree with you though but when being with a best friend it's so much easier and just genuinely fun to be around them.

Yeah,it is.I really enjoy being with my best friend,what I meant was that sometimes when we've talked for a long time or when both of us are in a bad mood its hard to come up with a topic,its never awkward though.