Anybody else get insulted by strangers on a daily basis? Or have weight loss tips?

About 2 and a half years ago when I was 16 and I was waiting for a bus, I had a woman ask me if I was getting any help for my acne. I just replied yes and that was it. And even further back when I was 15 I had my pharmacist comment on how bad my acne was. Thankfully it's not nearly as bad today.

Last edited:

OceanMist

I have the same problem and I'm not overweight or ugly (btw, op you don't look overweight or ugly in that picture). People say stuff about my shyness all the time. It got to be insane when I worked as a busboy in a restaurant, i started counting and literally every single day somebody insulted me as I walked by their table.

I almost got into a fight with my co-worker after he called me retarded and then I cussed him out. I don't regret it. He had it coming.

I've heard all the SA insults in the book, you can't tell me anything that is worse than what I've heard. I kind developed a thick skin for it and now when people insult me on the street it's just expected, it's just another ahole talking trash on me.

I agree with the OP, it's usually the younger crowd doing the insulting, people between the ages of like 6-30. What's funny is one time I worked with a 35 year old married woman who had children, and you'd think she'd be mature, right? Ha. And I quote her: "Shy people like him shouldn't be allowed to work here. Fire him." That happened when I was literally doing my job.

It doesn't surprise me anymore, as I've realized after reading up on my religion that we live in a world of sin (Just a belief, I don't expect anyone to follow me with that). Unfortunately, we have to share the world with a lot of jerks out there. Try not to let it get to you, and embrace the good people out there because those people are the ones that are beautiful and great to be around.

EscapeArtist

Re: height of too-muchery

I don't think that I was ever really picked on or attacked... was way too weird and crazy for anyone to bother with that.
These people that you describe are remarkably disgusting and I'm glad that I have been able to avoid them. You certainly don't deserve to be treated in this way, no matter who you are or what faults you may have. People are beautiful unique beings and all deserve love

Roger that, brother! Natural, unprocessed foods that we were designed to be eating! They'll give you the physique of a feisty wood nymph. I think it would make you feel better both physically and mentally, due to weightless and increased physical capabilities as well as supplying your body and brain with ample nutrition from healthful sources.

Another option would be a full out ketogenic diet, which I found to be useful as a short term tool. Basically no carbohydrates, enough protein and hella fat. After 3-5 days of depleting the starchy glycogen stored in the muscles of your body, you will start using fat as your main energy source. During this time you will have lost a fairly remarkable amount of weight, mostly in the form of water. Since it's completely insane, I don't recommend anyone do it for more than several weeks. It's not a good way to lose weight long term, but I think that its real benefit is not weight loss, but the change of perception that comes with it.

Firstly, it weans you off highly processed sugars (don't be a breadhead!) which helps you to make less impulsive, highly destructive eating decisions: going and eating hella carbohydrate for comfort will be less of a problem since that addiction will be under your control now. Secondstly, the healthful vegetables will have been made the star of the show. Having been the only source of fibrous carbohydrate, most people learn to loovvee their steamed broccolis, spinach, canned green beans and other tasty greens as a snack. Once again, the carbo comfort reflex will have been killed for now, leaving room for healthy food. Lastly, it builds restraint to the highest degree, setting you up to tackle almost anything! :D

Light cardio, swimming, yoga, weight training, hiking, walking, tree climbing, hardcore dog walking, bear wrestling or whatever exercise appeals to you would be of even greater importance than diet. I feel that putting too much thought into diet without considering exercise can lead to over-controlling intake and getting really screwed up levels of nutrients. Make sure that you take part in some kind of exercise/general physical activity that you can enjoy.

of course, this is just the opinion and experience of internet-weirdo hippie. Ask your doctor before doing anything drastic.

*thumbs up* and also to hoddenson *thumbs up* totally awesome advice that works. It also really helps for anxiety/depression to eat little-no carbs as hippie was saying

You sound like you have really cruel people in your area ! What a horrible crowd of men o_o what the. Wow.