Any suicide history of family?

commenter39

They say sucide has a genetic component and there s historical examples for that. So the ones with that kind of history take a good care of yourself:)

coyote

yes, there is a history of suicide in my family

either that, or they all mistakenly believed they could fly

ScaredToBreathe

They say sucide has a genetic component and there s historical examples for that. So the ones with that kind of history take a good care of yourself:)

well as far as i know of, no one in my family has committed suicide. but my family does have a history of depression, which has led to some having suicidal thoughts. thankfully no one has died yet though.

stucknAL

My dad committed suicide when he was 60. He had tons of people that loved him, but somehow he couldn't handle that some people were upset with him at his high paying job. My mom told him to seek counciling but he said his problem was too big for counciling.
Growing up, He would tell me I was just going through a slump.
I believe it's genetic, and plan on giving my kids the best support.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Not that I know of, but I haven't really looked into it. I have a small family as well (3 aunts, 2 uncles, 5 cousins) so my sample size is small. My uncle died when I was young and I don't know the cause, but I know he wasn't in a very good place when he went my dad told me.

JamesSmith

No, nothing about suicide at all in my family on both sides. What's interesting is there is also no history of depression in my family, but my sister and I have suffered with depression for a lot of our lives.

I guess I'm just a bad seed, haha.

upndwn

Unfortunately, yes. My great great grandfather on my fathers side and my aunt on my mothers side is the one I can remember at the top of my head, but I'm sure there's more. Both of my parents, my grandfather on my fathers side, my sister and myself has tried to commit suicide as well.