Any girls/women here who just feel like a freak?

TreeBones

Exactly. I agree with this very much.
I was always called a 'tomboy' as a kid-- which was something I accepted as a positive thing. It meant I wasn't a whimp, right...? But why does a girl have to be a 'tomboy' just to be perceived as a 'tough' girl-- or as anything, for that matter?

These conceptions of how people are supposed to act are all just old stereotypes.
You should like whatever you like, period.

:thumbup: :)

FriendlyShadow

I dislike fashion, dyeing my hair and I rarely wear makeup. I have mostly done this because of the constant pressure from my mom growing up to be more feminine but lately have been rejecting it.

When I go into a store, I go straight in to get what I want and get out quickly. I dislike browsing pointlessly and buying 50 frivolous things I'll never end up using.

Most of my hobbies are traditionally male dominated. I have a deep passion for video games and tech. Art too. I also go out with my dad and we play around with remote control airplanes sometimes. I am also an avid gamer. This is mainly what I enjoy talking about. I know female gamers are only getting more common, but in everyday talk its still a taboo and most people will view you as some kind of stunted child if you ramble on about them. Coming from a woman, it is even stranger for most people. So I shut up and just pretend I love fashion or some girly thing to fit in most of the time.

Many people will also talk to me like I am an air-head for some reason, I feel they misinterpret my social anxiety as a lack of intelligence or snobbery. Maybe it is my fault, but its a pattern and its hard to deal with.

I guess I just feel this crushing pressure, like I can't be myself. I don't really know anyone like me, all of the people I talk regularly too are guys except one girl. I tried hard to be friends with her at one time but she always pulls away so I gave up. Many days I wake up and just feel like an alien in a human skin or something. I want to make more friends but social anxiety and fear of being too weird just makes me never want to.

Anyone feel this way?

I kind of feel the same way, except I have a lot of trouble making friends with guys or girls(although some of the girls I meant are at least less intimidating or friendlier to talk to than any guy I've come across in person.) I don't necessarily think I'm a tomboy though, but more like a female version of Peter Parker from Spiderman. I do like a lot male traits(video gaming, fantasy/action movies, hate shopping, ect.) I'm not really into sports, tree climbing, ect. However, I do get a lot of scorn or looked down on because I rarely ever wear any makeup at all or don't wear pretty dresses. I wished I was born a guy instead of a girl because I don't feel like my gender. I honestly hate looking girly and being pressured to look girly. Like my dad, I like a lot of dull colored, particularly men's type of clothing. Unfortunately because of how tiny I am, I can't really fit into men's clothes at all. I feel like people mistaken my niceness as awkward or creepy. I'm basically a pushover but I don't know what else I can do to help myself from stopping to be one. I know some girls I know love kids, love dresses, love make up, love sappy romantic things they get from romance movies, but I dislike every one of these traits. The only thing is is that people are trying to convince me to change my mind to conform to these stereotypes even though they are all based on my decision and not theirs. That's why I don't get why a lot of people do that. It's very frustrating and stressful to always be pressured to become someone you're not because "certain" people want to change the person you are, even if you can't defend yourself against them when they constantly demand you to do what they want.