Any college students really not looking forward to the new semester?

Metal_isthe_Answer

So yeah, the new semester is starting and I already dont like two of the classes.
Psychology seems like it's going to be bad because it sounds like they want to do a lot of online work (and I spend as little time online as possible).
Science sounds awful because they want us at one point to do 4 hours of volunteer work at some point (anybody with SA can see why I would hate it).

Anybody else have the same feeling of "this semester is really gonna suck" and what is the reason?

Steiner

My classes haven't started yet, they actually don't start until March, but I am looking forward to them. Will be fun I think. I'm taking online classes though but I can't actually go in since it's a certain situation I can't really describe without going too far off track. I'd like to actually go to class though, physically.

Last edited:

dannyboy65

I'm going in my new semester. I'm taking math and biology. I look forward to biology, but I'm a little afraid of math because I've always struggled with it. But I never got the help I needed before and now I have that help. So I think it will be a good semester. I'm just keeping positive.

Metal_isthe_Answer

I'm going in my new semester. I'm taking math and biology. I look forward to biology, but I'm a little afraid of math because I've always struggled with it. But I never got the help I needed before and now I have that help. So I think it will be a good semester. I'm just keeping positive.

I think I may have mentioned it once before, but I did horribly in math im high school, specifically in Geometry, last semester surprised me beyond belief when I got an A for the course

MikeyC

My new semester begins in early March, and it's going to be tough but I'm looking forward to the challenge. :)

Argentum

Psychology can be a fun course depending on your instructor. Want to trade for my technical writing?

... Scratch that, no, technical writing sounds marvelous. We had a grammar review at the end of our (very short) first day.

fate12321

I'm taking public speaking this semester and I'm afraid it isn't going to go well. I already messed up on my introduction speech. Oh, the awkwardness. I hate this.

fate12321

Psychology can be a fun course depending on your instructor. Want to trade for my technical writing?

... Scratch that, no, technical writing sounds marvelous. We had a grammar review at the end of our (very short) first day.

Indeed. To be honest, my psychology instructor made the class quite interesting.

Metal_isthe_Answer

I'm taking public speaking this semester and I'm afraid it isn't going to go well. I already messed up on my introduction speech. Oh, the awkwardness. I hate this.

Speech was one of the first classes I took, it ended up not being so bad, there were plenty of people who were worse public speakers than I was.

Argentum

Speech was one of the first classes I took, it ended up not being so bad, there were plenty of people who were worse public speakers than I was.

I should check if I told you so or not, so I'll know if I can gloat or not.

Technical writing is just reviewing all the things I already know, like the Oxford comma.