Anxious and worried about work

meco1999

An incident happened at work last Thursday (social anxiety related) that sent my anxiety levels sky high, and my anxiety has been high ever since then. My anxiety and worry has been high all weekend. I've been a basket case the last few days. I had trouble sleeping last night and last Thursday night because of the anxiety and worry, and I was tired all day today because of it. I can't seem to make it go away or get this stuff off my mind, it's there all day long. I'm not on any anxiety meds.

Anything I can do to relieve this anxiety and worry besides going to the doctor?

Last edited:
Hi, i'm sorry with you're dealing with .
Maybe you should take a week off. It might relax your mind a bit.
You could take some pure calm week to get your body back in shape.
I hope you feel better soon. :)

LazyHermitCrab

I agree with shyandokay. Work can be a real pain, but there's probably some positives or else why would you be there? Just try and relax pls.

dottie

is there anything you can do at work to change the situation? maybe rearrange your desk a certain way? different seating? different shift? i sympathize because i struggle with this myself.

D

deleted #89

We need more info as to what happen dude ? I don't know if taking the week of would help in the long term....

We need more info as to what happen dude ? I don't know if taking the week of would help in the long term....

Yeah in the short term it would be good to relax this week, since you are having a really hard time and need to recover. But like MR.wonderful said not the long term, you have to stay at work because you shouldn't give up all that, there must we a way you'd feel more comfortable to go there.
I know it's the most impossible thing to manage, but we have to figure it out all here on spw.

A few things you could think about;
1)Do you like this job well enough to feel good about?
2)Do you want a different job?
3)Is it possible for you to find another job"?
4)Do you have nice colleagues?
5)What is the thought that makes you most anxious about work?
6)What's the worst case what could happen?
7)Do you have pressure in personal life as well that makes it harder?
8)Are you seeking / longing for professional help?
9)Do you take any medication (to reduce anxiety)?
10)Maybe you should do yoga, relaxation techniques.

Good luck.