Anxiety

Insanewoman389

Is anyone else afraid of progress? I'm doing what the doctor said, get out of my room, and while I think its helping and will help I'm still anxious. I keep thinking about the future which was what was causing my anxiety in the first place but now the idea of getting better and now thoughts of planning the future cause I'm getting better and I'm just not really ready for that cause that means growing up :/

fitftw

how old are you? What helps me is to do the bare minimum that absolutely MUST be done. Sometimes I wait until the absolute LAST minute, like to call important people etc because I'm scared and anxious. If something has to get done, you'll do it.

Insanewoman389

how old are you? What helps me is to do the bare minimum that absolutely MUST be done. Sometimes I wait until the absolute LAST minute, like to call important people etc because I'm scared and anxious. If something has to get done, you'll do it.

19. Yea that sounds like a good idea :]

Sora

I only really have a problem with phone calls, I hate it! I get anxious, no idea why, just happens. I tend to hold my breath if I am talking to anyone important on the phone or someone that I don't call often, like even a taxi company lol. By the end of the phonecall I feel horrible and like aah why did I do that. I don't even realise I am doing it until the end. After I breathe again I feel better and think "is that it? why was I worried?!"

I do it with most other things too like getting on a bus and saying where I wanna go can sometimes be nerve racking, ordering at a counter etc but I found the more I do it the easier it is, it just gets hard when you haven't done it for a while, which is me right now!

I hope you can fix your anxiety, I know it's horrible but you really do just have to do the things you really don't want to and you eventually overcome it.

Insanewoman389

I only really have a problem with phone calls, I hate it! I get anxious, no idea why, just happens. I tend to hold my breath if I am talking to anyone important on the phone or someone that I don't call often, like even a taxi company lol. By the end of the phonecall I feel horrible and like aah why did I do that. I don't even realise I am doing it until the end. After I breathe again I feel better and think "is that it? why was I worried?!"

I do it with most other things too like getting on a bus and saying where I wanna go can sometimes be nerve racking, ordering at a counter etc but I found the more I do it the easier it is, it just gets hard when you haven't done it for a while, which is me right now!

I hope you can fix your anxiety, I know it's horrible but you really do just have to do the things you really don't want to and you eventually overcome it.

I hate making phone calls and ordering too! But you're right we just gotta do stuff we really don't wanna, but I think what I'm really anxious about is being alone and that's all I see for my future cause of SA that and even when its not really bad I don't much care to be around people but that has nothing to do with SA. I'm sorry if that's confusing its just hard to explain :/

fitftw

Don't feel bad. Part of it might just be laziness. I'm almost 28 and rarely leave my apartment unless I absolutely have to. It can't all be anxiety's fault, though I'd say it's at least half of the problem.

Insanewoman389

Don't feel bad. Part of it might just be laziness. I'm almost 28 and rarely leave my apartment unless I absolutely have to. It can't all be anxiety's fault, though I'd say it's at least half of the problem.

lol Yea I'm pretty sure quite a lot of my problem is laziness so I know what you mean.

Sora

I hate making phone calls and ordering too! But you're right we just gotta do stuff we really don't wanna, but I think what I'm really anxious about is being alone and that's all I see for my future cause of SA that and even when its not really bad I don't much care to be around people but that has nothing to do with SA. I'm sorry if that's confusing its just hard to explain :/

It's not confusing, I feel the exact same, I am a loner that doesn't want to be alone, ironic huh?! lol. I think you might be a lot like me!

Sora

Ok well I am not lazy, so maybes we differ on that part haha but everything else I think we may be similar, as I don't really need you to explain, I understand you from what you have said so far :p

Insanewoman389

Ok well I am not lazy, so maybes we differ on that part haha but everything else I think we may be similar, as I don't really need you to explain, I understand you from what you have said so far :p

lol Its fine if your not lazy too. Oh well good cause I hate explaining haha

Kiwong

Change can lead to complications you are unprepared for. I've gone out into the world this last few years pursuing my interests. It was like I crashed against a wall when the world was exposed to my anxiety. I didn't see the crash happening and it caused a lot of pain. Still I've had enough adventures to make the pain worth it.

Insanewoman389

Change can lead to complications you are unprepared for. I've gone out into the world this last few years pursuing my interests. It was like I crashed against a wall when the world was exposed to my anxiety. I didn't see the crash happening and it caused a lot of pain. Still I've had enough adventures to make the pain worth it.

Yea I guess I just gotta give myself time I mean at least I know somethings wrong and I do wanna get better just... not ready lol
Well I'm glad you at least tried and you had some adventures that made it worth it. Love the way you described stuff and put it in perspective and I love your signature :D

fitftw

Dude I'm 8 years older than you and I'm still not ready to grow up and be a man and take care of business. I don't wanna grow up. I'm a Toys'R'Us kid. Haha.

I miss Jax though. You got it made down there with the cheap living and great weather. I was stationed on the naval base there. I'm looking to move down somewhere between Jax and Orlando area by next winter.