Anxiety night light!

rockchick46

I have recently had to put my salt lamp in my hallway, so i can go to the toilet at night. I'm feeling like a damn babe...but if I don't do it, I can not get out of bed at night. I feel like an idiot (at 46)...[emoji27]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sacrament

Yes but anxiety comes from somewhere. I'm guessing you're scared of the dark, or you use the light to keep you company?

rockchick46

Yes but anxiety comes from somewhere. I'm guessing you're scared of the dark, or you use the light to keep you company?
I also suffer from Depression. I am not one to be scared of the dark, as I have lived hear for over 10 years so i know my place well.

LazyHermitCrab

I'm the same way and I'm an adult too. It's okay! I thought as I got older I wouldn't need a nightlight but I either leave the TV on or have a nightlight and just accepted it

THeCARS1979

I have recently had to put my salt lamp in my hallway, so i can go to the toilet at night. I'm feeling like a damn babe...but if I don't do it, I can not get out of bed at night. I feel like an idiot (at 46)...[emoji27]

Hey dont worry about it, I have one too and Im 41, its just to pitch black and I wont see anything, we all need something for that

I have a lamp on in my house all night because I am paranoid about someone breaking into the house during the night and therefore I would be able to fight them off easier because I will be able to see them.
I am also in my forties, so it seems there are a few of us that like to see at night because of our anxieties.

Sacrament

On the other hand, if someone did break into your house at night, you would know how to move around in the dark better than any assailant.

I used to always need a light on but I decided to stop doing that to see if it would help my sleeping problems any. (Lights keep your body awake.) It was kinda scary at first but I got used to it pretty fast. Another thing I started doing is playing music while I sleep, I think that helped a bit. I keep the volume real low, almost inaudible. Usually ambient stuff like Brian Eno.