Answer and ask

have

Some of us are already playing this game in other forums. Believe me, it's fun. Somebody poses a questions, any question at all, and the persons who answers asks something else. They can be about anything, related to SP or not, those questions that have caused you so much anxiety throughout your lives, or those you make just kidding. Careful, it creates addiction. You're very curious about what the answer to you question will be, and you feel the same about the answer to next question.
There we go:
Where does evil come from?

shep

Wow, I see that you started off with a tough question. My best guess is that where you have human DNA, there is evil. :evil: Perhaps it's found in all primate DNA but I believe evil was not an issue on this planet until primates and man evolved. :roll:
As for my question, is social phobia a modern day condition or disease?

eran

i believe social phobia is a combination of genetics and environment ,a problem which has probably been around as long as we have existed on the planet.
my question!
Will there ever be a cure for this cruel condition?

Crimefish

Of course. When scientists learn how to alter our genes.
Which is worse? Warm, fizzy coke, or cold, flat coke?

ann

I know it's genetic. My mother has it (but is unaware and in denial), I have it and my daughter has it. A total cure may never happen I think; I think one struggles all one's life but gets better at it if they really work at it. In medieval times people like us just became hermits, anchorites, monks or nuns. 8O We were all born in the wrong century

Crimefish

Smile, I'd rather be too cold.
Ann, we can still become nuns in this century, its just a little strange... actually, that's an idea. *strokes metaphorical beard*

Would you rather lick under a garbage can, or a toilet seat? Hehe.

Tris

i would rather lick under a trash can, Men can actually make it in there most of the time ;) hehe

Would you rather have a few very close friends or 100 associates?

tillybud

I'd much rather have a select few close friends than 100 assosciates Tris. People who i know everything about me and i can be truly honest with rather than people who just flit thro' my life with no real interest in me or benefit to me... and likewise.

Do you wear more bright coloured or dark clothing?

Crimefish

Dark clothing. But I'm kinda noticeable. I have piercings and such... I guess I wanted to think that's why people were looking at me. :oops:
But I do think they look pretty cool.

What would be your one item to take to a desert island? No boats or bridge kits allowed.

Jess333

Interesting question. :D

I think we would have to define "evil" first. What is "evil"? Not of God?

Who's God? What "characteristics" could we descibe God as? Who is God is also relative to religion. Who's religion is RIGHT, ?? Are they ALL on to something? Why would one religion be right over another? Who's got proof? All we have on earth are different types of "bibles" that were written by humans, who CLAIMED they hung out with their God and these miraculous things happened. They also used to burn women and called them witches. They also used to call epileptic people who would have seizures evil. A lot of sections of the bible deliberately say that women should be quiet and do whatever the man tells her to.. Gee. is that from GOD??? Or was that from some asshole who wants his women to do whatever he wants? You be the judge. Humans are too erroneous, fanatical, and emotional. I don't trust religions because they seem to simple and not to mention chauvanistic. "PRAY ..GOOD" "SEX BAAAAAD" Black/white...bleh. I believe our "God" and our universe are much more greater and intelligent and beautiful than we know...now. We're simply too simple of a creature to figure it all out as humans.

But, ..hm, there are ways to study our own energies and tuning into the energies of the universe. It sounds weird, but tha'ts cuz it's new and different and you might have this picture of this dingy chick holding crystals and doing this weird alien dance, but I'm telling you, i think it's right. If interested, check out what Deepak Chopra has to say in his book "The Way of The Wizard". I have felt a certain way all my life about God and the universe and how it all works and that's why I could never buy into religions, believe me I've tried, but none of them ever suited my own beliefs which were created by my own meditations and thoughtfulness. Deepak Chopra's theories concrete and affirm the answers I've already created during my life. It's amazing. God is LOVE. What is Love? An energy that we all swim blissfully in. The english language is simply to limiting to explain I guess. Love is what our souls need to flourish. That blissfullness, that love, that energy is God Itself. It's light and fresh and pure and so comfortable/ it's home for all of us. Our true home. Right now, our reality is based off of our human senses and our perception is dependent on our brains. But we're lucky, we are, as far as we know, the only race that can be conscious of being conscious. And "God", or this energy, who is not a man per say with a beard, etc., is in EVERYTHING. It's in all matter and everything. Our souls are energy/intelligence that were plugged into human bodies and our life and death are merely parentheses within our entire existence. Death, then, is grand, because we return to that pure love. And human existence is a priviledge. To breathe, to live, to walk, to be all that it is to be a human; to live the human experience, who knows if we'll get reincarnated!? Who knows if we destroy our own race of being!? When our bodies die, we return I guess to the cosmic soup. Return to God/Pure Love/Pure Energy.

But there are troubled energies.."bad" energies. Evil??? In this case, maybe there are REALLY bad energies!? Maybe these energies need to cycle through "time" to purify themselves? I do not know...yet. Suicide is a good example of this. When you kill yourself you take this awful energy with yoU! To who knows where, but it's not good. So live out your human experience and try to be happy as much as possible and live as closely as you can to that pure love energy as you can so you can enjoy and appreciate this opportunity to be human.

Love others, feel love in your heart. THat love iS GOD. Do whatever you have to do to get as close to that warm energy as possible. Then you can enjoy being a human, and being who you are, and still! are aware of the truth and trying to be as close to God as possible. Sorry I kind of went off on a tangent. :D

Jess333

And the REAL "God" doesn't discriminate on sexuality!! or race!! It all depends on how you maintain your energy, not who you fuck or what your skin looks like.

There's no devil. Just bad energy/or a negative existence until you cycle through back to pure love energy/existence.

Jess333

After posting what I just posted, I wanted to check out www.chopra.com to read their forums and learn how to pray and meditate. And I ran across this blurb about someone who wanted to commit suicide because they thought life was a cruel game from God so they just wanted to end it all becuase they thought there was nothing to look forward to. So this is in reference to my bit about suicide.

"Question:
I am nearing the end...the end of my existence as I know it or the end of existence itself. I am trying to take ego out of the equation. There is one fundamental question that needs to be answered if I am to continue living. I believe in the unity of the universe. That God is all that there is on a quantum level. He is the observer of all of us here in the material world. All that is eternal about us is our experiences here on earth as observed by God. But I can't get past the loneliness that I feel is inevitable. Because if God is the only eternal thing there is and God is our only connection to the eternal, we are all destined to be alone because God is alone. The only thing that keeps us from this reality is our ego...and our desperate attempts to believe we are all billions of separate individuals here on earth. But our ego is only an illusion, the barrier that keeps us from realizing we are all actually a part of God. I some how feel like life is just a game God created, to end the monotony of a cold, dark and solitary existence. I do not want to continue with this game any longer. I see no point in it. How can I look at this impasse any differently?

Answer:
The pain and desperation you are experiencing comes through your letter very clearly. I don’t think the important issue for you right now is the philosophical dilemma you have presented. You need to know that physical death will not stop your loneliness, end your ego’s existence, or get you out of the “game.” Death as an attempt to escape emotional pain only locks you deeper into the karmic cycle. Dying does not automatically bring you into unity with God. All physical death does is deprive you of a physical body and that removes your most effective tool for healing your emotional hurt . The important thing right now is to focus on healing your emotional pain. Your hurt is defining your perspective, and you won’t be able to shift to a different, more meaningful perspective without first addressing your stored emotional pain.
Find someone today who you can talk to who can help you to relieve the deep hurt and loneliness you are holding. The joy and meaning in life will come into your life automatically once the sorrow and despair has been released.
Your concern that ultimate unity with God will be a lonely experience because God in principle is one, is not something you ever need to worry about. No God-realized sage has ever complained of loneliness. You are projecting your present despair into a metaphysical truth about unity. The experience of union with God is pure ecstatic bliss and joy. Unity with God is attaining unity with all creation—all of life. It is the very antithesis of loneliness, because you are everything, and you know your connection with everyone as intimately as you know yourself. I wish you all happiness.

Love,

Deepak "

terresap

What would be your one item to take to a desert island? No boats or bridge kits allowed.
Good question Crimefish...
is there food and water on the island? If not then I would choose to take a never ending packet of TimTams with a geanie in it, ok thats not realistic, um are flares or some sort of radio alert devices allowed? I think I would take my husband cause he would keep me sane and he knows how to survive with nothing.

Although im not religious Jess333, I just want to say that the post you made in the other forum was very nice and hopefully helped the person who wanted to commit suicide.

Ok my question....
If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be and why?

Orlando

Hi, everyone.

I would go to Colorado, USA. I would like to go with Melissa (because she likes the out doors). I would be the first time that I travel'd with a friend. Second, I want to go horseback riding. I never did that and I think that would be so cool!!!! :D :D :wink: :D

Here's my question.

If you were a tropical friut, what would it be and why?

terresap

I would be a passionfruit, cause looks are decieving. You look at the outside and think that the inside will be the same but its not. I might look like some prissy bitch and I might be hard to open but get to know me (if I let you LOL) and I have so much to share and give.

My Question:
What is your dream occupation

Anonymous

Psychologist

OR!! A movie director!! But that does not benefit humanity, so i don't want to do that as a full time job.

But I'm sure I could take some classes and direct some low budget movies later on!

Orlando

Jess,

I disagree a movie director influences society in many ways. Movies inspire me to do things I wouldn't do. They also make me percieve things differently. I think movie are great! They are art. Art is great. So don't poo-poo your other dream of being a director...it's just as good and valid.

I got a question,"If you were a car, what car would you be? And Why?" Choices: Sports car, Recreational Vehicle, Yugo, Sports Utility Vehicle, Jeep, used car, van, mini-van, compact, convertiable, limo and Enviromental friendly (gas-electric). And Why?