Another flood dream. (Insight prefered)

Forgotten-Children

I don't understand why I keep having dreams about floods. Usually if you have dreams that repeat the same thing over and over again, they mean something, but I already checked Dream Moods and it didn't really seem to fit the situation what went on yesterday. :/

Oh well, he's what I can remember.

At the very beginning, I overheard someone talking about a country that had cannons and because of that, it was gonna be a World War 3!

I remember putting on a large, brown coat in my dream along with long boots and headed to the edge of town (The walkway being made of wood)).

The whole world was covered in water! (Unlike Waterworld though, there were areas of shallow water which were known by everyone) I jumped into the clear water and swam to see large, black boats headed this way. Then my two grandpa's called me over to their boat and they noticed I had pink leechs on my ankle and arm! I pulled them off instantly after noticing them. I didn't even feel that they were there! (Guess that's to be expected in a dream)

After that I woke up. It doesn't seem like much because my little sister kept waking me up because she was listening and singing along (horribly) to her favorite music downstairs at like.. 4 in the morning!! x-x The fact that I feel slightly rested right now is a mystery.

Last edited:

coyote

when there's flooding in my dreams, I think it's because I have to pee really bad

too much tea before bedtime

At the very beginning, I overheard someone talking about a country that had cannons and because of that, it was gonna be a World War 3!(angry emotions - lose temper?)

I remember putting on a large, brown coat in my dream along with long boots and headed to the edge of town (The walkway being made of wood)).

The whole world was covered in water! (floods = emotions?) (Unlike Waterworld though, there were areas of shallow water which were known by everyone) I jumped into the clear water and swam to see large, black boats headed this way. Then my two grandpa's (long time?)called me over to their boat and they noticed I had pink leechs (siblings?) on my ankle and arm! I pulled them off instantly after noticing them. I didn't even feel that they were there! (Guess that's to be expected in a dream)

Are you feeling cranky that your sister acts like leech and has done for too long?

Forgotten-Children

Are you feeling cranky that your sister acts like leech and has done for too long?

Well... she's only asked me for things when I actually had money. Yes I'm annoyed at the fact that she does but not particularly angry perse (Even though I probably should be)

when there's flooding in my dreams, I think it's because I have to pee really bad

too much tea before bedtime

Well, I know I don't drink a whole lot because I'm kind of inactive. I just drink whenever my throat feels sticky-dry, if I'm pacing, or... If we have soda (Damn my addiction to sugar...)

In my case, I don't think drinking too much is the issue.

lunarla

I don't think anyone else can give insight about such subconscious experiences like dreaming, but the person having the dream. I also don't think there's any "code" to symbols and images in dreams. Think of perception. From the time you're very young, you start to attach feelings to experiences in your life, and the surroundings and senses in those experiences. In this sense, the perception of images and objects are different for everyone. Only you can try to analyze if it even means anything. Could also mean nothing in particular.

Forgotten-Children

I don't think anyone else can give insight about such subconscious experiences like dreaming, but the person having the dream. I also don't think there's any "code" to symbols and images in dreams. Think of perception. From the time you're very young, you start to attach feelings to experiences in your life, and the surroundings and senses in those experiences. In this sense, the perception of images and objects are different for everyone. Only you can try to analyze if it even means anything. Could also mean nothing in particular.

Hmm.. Well I don't like war in real life (although it's midly enteraining in video games because I know it isn't real *shot*), however, I love water and swimming because it was a special thing for me to got to the beach every summer while visiting my grandparents in Florida instead of boring Illinois.

I love both my grandpas but only one of them actually has a boat because he's the one that lives in Florida.

As far as the leeches go, I never actually saw a leech in real life so I dunno what to say about that but I know I wouldn't want one sucking out my blood. o-o

I think the only thing that would make sense out of the dream at the time that I had it was the fact that I was wearing a coat. The reason why is because since it's winter, it's very cold in my house and I was wrapped in my blanket like a cacoon. (I don't like the cold all that much ^^; )

Aussie_Lad

Leeches have natural pain killers and anti-blood clotting, so you won't feel that they are there. Once they are full they will drop off. I had one attached to the back of my leg on a hike one day, and people asked about the blood on the back of my leg. From a casual bystanders view, it would have looked like I had seriously injured myself as the blood had been running down my leg. It was still bleeding when I got home a couple of hours later, so I cleaned it up and put a band-aid on and it was only a little bit itchy for a few days. They also take a lot less blood than the blood bank does, so you don't have to worry about feeling faint or anything.

EscapeArtist

I know this looks like advertising, and I know that everybody's dreams mean different things depending on life experiences...
but dreammoods.com is damn-freaking accurate...

Forgotten-Children

I know this looks like advertising, and I know that everybody's dreams mean different things depending on life experiences...
but dreammoods.com is damn-freaking accurate...

Well I usually go there but for this dream, it didn't seem to make sense for my situation.

Leeches have natural pain killers and anti-blood clotting, so you won't feel that they are there. Once they are full they will drop off. I had one attached to the back of my leg on a hike one day, and people asked about the blood on the back of my leg. From a casual bystanders view, it would have looked like I had seriously injured myself as the blood had been running down my leg. It was still bleeding when I got home a couple of hours later, so I cleaned it up and put a band-aid on and it was only a little bit itchy for a few days. They also take a lot less blood than the blood bank does, so you don't have to worry about feeling faint or anything.

So... If it weren't a leech in my dream, I would have felt it? The only thing I've ever felt in the dream was hot/cold temperature. But even though I sometimes fall in dreams, I don't feel the impact at all.