images

Princess Mononoke
images

Spirited Away
images

My Neighbor Totoro
images

upndwn

Ghost in the shell, Akira, Patlabor 1 & 2, Slayers (The entire series), Robotech, Macross +, Ninja scroll, Vampire hunter D, Hellsing, Cowboy bebop, Tank police, Tenchi Myo, Ninja resurrection, Full metal alchemist, Naruto, One piece, Ranma, Full metal panic, Bleach, Death note

Mr_Vabanque

I grew up watching fantastic japanese cartoons such as Tigerman, Devilman, Mazinger Z etc. As far as more recent things go I've seen and really enjoyed Samurai Champloo, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Mononoke (somehow).

Now I am by no means an expert, while I see that the genre has an enormous potential, imo most of it - and i mean pretty much everything including the milestones - is just stuff for children.

WeirdyMcGee

ohhhhhhh... lots.
I won't bother listing them.
haha

...okay, I'll list a couple off the top of my head!
Yakitate! Japan - Fresh Baked! Japan (it's about bread? really?) yes. haha
Tenjho Tenge (Ogure Ito is a beast, seriously... the manga is so confusing and nonsensical most of the time but I love it-- and totally not because of the boobs.)
Yu Yu Hakusho ('nuff said. XD)
Kuragehime - Princess Jellyfish (complete with awkward shut-ins, a crossdresser and a kniving b*tch!) wee!

Ontop of most of the more 'classic'/purist choices, of course. lol
Samurai Champloo, Rurouni Kenshin, Trigun, Berserk, Legend of Crystania/Lodoss War, Cowboy Bebop, Ghibli films... ehhh... on and on.

Last edited:

Newtype

Mobile Suit Gundam
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam Double Zeta
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
Mobile Suit Gundam F91
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
Turn A Gundam