Anger!!

Darryl

Why am I angry around completely useless people?

I get fired up as soon as I see them, as I can predict their lame or waste of my time question.

I don't like being like this and would think it's apart of Avpd.

I can't control something I don't understand.

Regards Darryl

Lea

Banned
I don´t think you can get proper answer, unless you explain what you mean by "completely useless people".

Darryl

I have edited and edited and... I can't answer.

Usually I add comments/thoughts to my Honey mood thread, but with this anger issue I started a new thread.
Having a bigger audence I hoped someone may understand from my short thread.

This is something I don't understand therefore can't control, or ask the right questions.

Regards Darryl

bigrob

I get fired up as soon as I see them, as I can predict their lame or waste of my time question.

I don't like being like this and would think it's apart of Avpd.

I can't control something I don't understand.

Regards Darryl

Because stupid people piss you off because of their sheer stupidity....and it seems like stupid people are out reproducing the smart people.

refer to the intro to the movie Idiocracy.

I feel much the same way. The majority of people I come across are unworthy of my time. Many seem incapable of holding a conversation in simple English. The grammar is deplorable and their comprehension is not existent. I can hold more meaningful conversations with my cats. I am surprised these people are smart enough to walk, much less drive a car. I just refer to the majority as plebeians. I'd just rather not deal with them...it's like you said, I know they will just waste my time and get me annoyed.

I was diagnosed schizoid, but there's probably some narcissism as well.

Hellhound

Super Moderator

I know what you mean... They make me angry too. I don't say anything to them, but in my mind I'm thinking "Why don't you just shut up?!". Some people are just annoying to be with.

I know what you mean... They make me angry too. I don't say anything to them, but in my mind I'm thinking "Why don't you just shut up?!". Some people are just annoying to be with.
Haha, I thought I was the only one.

As someone posted though. It could be depression. I mean if you
have feelings enough to actually give a crap about such people
then chances are there are other issues in your life.

Darryl

Why should I make your life better, when I'm struggling with mine?

Why can't I get past this and quell my anger?

coyote

We don't want to face being judged by others, and yet we are so quick to judge others ourselves - "stupid, annoying, useless, etc." ?

Such a frustrating dichotomy could lead to a lot of stress - which could lead to a lot of anger (?)

coyote

Or is it that when we encounter someone who we view negatively, we are angered by the sense of injustice we feel at being judged in a similarly negative way (or so we assume) by others - that we don't deserve to be judged negatively when there are others so obviously deserving of it instead?

bigrob

Quite often we will point out the faults of others that are actually thoughts we have about ourselves.

It's projection bias. It's actually thought to be a safety mechanism to prevent anxiety.

mrb

useless people have as much right to be in this world as yours mate ;) sorry but its true ;) dont be to quick to judge :)

Darryl

My mother-in law has a gift in reving me up without saying anything!
She has done nothing to me, but just being in the house pushes all the right buttons.
I can't even look at her, just in case she talks to me.

I deal with people who can do things for them self or at least try.
But with the nonna, all bets are off.

My brother in law, will believe anything and come and tell me all excited.

These two people are caring, kind, etc, etc..
I want to be able tolerate them and get past this thing..but no dice

I've made lots of changes in my life which has helped me grow, this is the next problem I want to understand and get it under control

Darryl, you've helped me some so far. I'd like to return the favor but I cannot. I can only offer - same here.

Keeping conversations short and, I know, avoiding help keep me sane and on track. Is there a better way? Sorry, I do not have the answer.

SR287

Feel the same way..... I dont even have to be around stupid people to feel that way... some days I wake up and just start thinking about other people and I get in a bad mood for the day..... or reading articles on all the idiotic messed up things that people do... makes me feel sick about society at times