Anger Issues

Iluv

It's good to deal with anger before it gets out of hand. Especially in your situation I fear that you might do something you'll regret. People who have posted before have good options. Kickboxing, wrestling, football all these sports that involve your strength can relieve it and sometimes even drain your anger. If you feel your emotions are bottled in that you may do something stupid then please seek therapy or join some anger management classes. They're there for your benefit.

User12

You usually need to pay for those and like I said I really cannot afford anything much right now. I play basketball a lot but that doesn't help

I have short, intense bursts of anger sometimes too. They arise when I feel someone's done me wrong, and it doesn't even have to be anything major. The other day I was out walking and a car drove past me slowly but way too close to me, and I got pissed and kicked the tail light as it went by which caused an ugly scene. It's always stupid little things like that, which in theory I should be above, but for some reason I have an incredibly short fuse when I feel that someone's stepped on my toes. I don't know why or how it even happens. My family has often commented that they have to walk on eggshells around me and it's caused some nasty arguments between me and the women I've dated too.

Almost did the same thing but the guy was drivin' too fast. Nearly mounted the curb to the sidewalk I was on. *******!

The more and more I become aware for my social side the more and more I realize I too have anger troubles.

User12, the best advice for you has been said. Physical stuff. Sometimes I will grab a hold of something impossible to destroy and attempt to destroy it. Some lengthy roars or death metal growls follow. Then a dizzy spell combined with those wonderful endorphins.

You have anger. Work with and around it.

Feathers

Maybe get a garden and start shoveling?? Physical work & being in Nature can help too...
Or chopping wood or such (maybe you could even earn some money this way?)
Just be careful with err... sharp objects?? Or do work that doesn't require those?

If you don't have time for a book or counselling now, maybe when you have more time in holidays or such? It can be cheaper and less time consuming than sitting in jail!!

Another helpful book that I recommended before: Anger Busting 101 by Newton Hightower - I only read parts of it on Amazon, and it was helpful! There are also programs for men, run by men - in the communities... (I think I found them when I googled up the author and there were links on his website or other websites...?) Maybe some of you guys could find such local programs too?

Energy drinks can cause insomnia/no sleeping too!! Please don't play with these things and your health!!
They can have caffeine and/or other possibly dangerous/iffy things in there - bad for your health!!

And no sleeping can cause you to be crankier/fly off the handle sooner!!

So please take concern of your health!

Feathers

Oh, writing ANGRY BAD country songs or (insert genre) other songs/stories (about people with similar problems) or playing on the guitar or (insert musical instrument) can help too... or going dancing or to a really good concert etc. (Somewhat depends on the music too...)

If there's something you can CHANGE definitely work on changing it...
(eg if you might have safety concerns over some road, it's better to get connected with a group working to change legislation or improve safety etc)