Anger, and how it benefits me...weird, i know, lol

UnOccupied

Well...how shall i start? I'm feeling VERY angry right now. I had a very bad appointment with my dad and therapist today which i was dreading for a few days, and it sure did live up to the dread. Haha, kinda funny i guess, but it truly did SUCK. Anyway, ive been angry basically all day. So, me being my stupid self decided to put myself in a situation where i knew i'd be anxious, and angry.

I was around one of my friends who ditched my group of friends all summer for some girl he barely knows. So, i went to this house, and it started out fine, but began to get worse and worse, and i started to get more and more angry. BUT, GUESS WHAT!?!? The anger, i think is SO GOOD for me! Not only anger an emotion i frequently stuff under my skin, but it gives me the courage and drive to do things i normally wouldn't. I don't know why im like this, but i've accepted the fact that my body works in weird ways.

But, in my anger, i messaged a girl i like on facebook who i was nervous about all week, i contacted a previous therapist who i was scared to, and i told my best friend i have social anxiety and am seeing a therapist.

I don't want this anger to stop!...ever! Well, maybe some day, but give me the anger for a month, and i guarentee you, with this drive, i will be SAD free in NO TIME!

I am thinking of making an "anger collage" of all pictures and words and saying from people i hate that will fuel anger in me. So, whenever i am feeling down, i can transform that anger into drive, passion, and courage. I feel like a new man right now, and don't really care what negative views anyone has bad to say about this.

One thing i rarely do is trust or believe in myself. And for once, like with this newfound positive anger i'm feeling, i know deep down that this can have the potential to benefit me. The only person i will listen to who tells me no is myself. So, please, even though i say this now, if you have negative things to say about my anger plans, keep it to yourself, because i have a way of listening to everything anyone else says, because i think everyone else is right and i'm always wrong.

Thank you for listening,
-Un(wish i could tell you my real name, but im wayyyy too scared)

UnOccupied

The angers subsiding, and i know i should get to bed, so i will be productive tomorrow. Hope to get a few responses, see you all tomorrow!! :)

agoraphobickatie

it's called distraction :)

one time, i told my therapist about how my dad pissed me off so much that i quit feeling anxious even when we left the house to go to the store..... she was like "good, you were distracted, get pissed off more"

UnOccupied

it's called distraction :)

one time, i told my therapist about how my dad pissed me off so much that i quit feeling anxious even when we left the house to go to the store..... she was like "good, you were distracted, get pissed off more"

It Is definitely a distraction, but it is also a force. Anger is a primal force that not only distracts, but it forces direct action. It makes us do things we normally wouldn't, by putting all other emotions and thoughts on the backburner, and making us focus 100% of our attention on not feeling angry anymore, whether this is in a healthy way like i did, or unhealthy, like most people do, ie, drinking, doing drugs. It is a necessary emotion, and i am sick of hiding from it, in fear of looking like my father...GET ANGRY SAD PEOPLE!!:D

if anger drives you, be angry, but not to people who don't deserve it.

True that. I am guilty of letting a little bit of it go towards one of my friends who didn't deserve it, just because i was mad at him about something else, but i told him later last night, so i felt better.

I'm the same way.

ANGER IS GOOD WHEN USED THE RIGHT WAY. It just sucks how i feel like i am not allowed to get angry, because my Dad is so bad at handling his anger. Whenever he is angry, he just gets furious and starts yelling and screaming at whoever he is angry at, and my mom always told me this is foolish. Yes, it is foolish, but i took my moms comment as, "its not okay to get angry at all." And now, whenever i'm mad, i tell myself, don't do anything about it, or you will be looked down upon a1s weak or foolish like you look at your dad. And, well my whole life i've just stuffed anger away down below, and now i realize anger is the only thing in life that brings about direct change.