Amazing Dreams?

Luckylife

Amazing out of body experience dream last night.
I was in a desert and had control of a disk shaped craft that I moved around this desertscape for a while. I left this and stood in the desert, then aircraft of a futuristic design raced across the sky, passing across from horizon to horizon in less than a second. Suddenly I soared up into the sky as if I no longer had a physical form and quickly left the Earth, Rapidly, I left the Solar System, Jupiter was a small globe - I went further and became worried that I would not recognize the Sun among other stellar objects. I felt a force move me laterally away, further into Interstellar Space and I became very anxious. This emotion changed my physical orientation so that suddenly I was facing our Solar System. I then rapidly returned to the Solar System at an alarming rate and hurtled toward the Earth, landing on a green grassed plain with my descent slowed so that the landing was gentle. The dream ended then.

I mostly have amazing nightmares now. Can't remember the last time I had a dream that I enjoyed and was not relieved to wake up from. :thinking:

defiance

Dreams are now the only place where I feel real ironically enough. It's when I wake up that the nightmares truly begin.

closethomosape

Amazing out of body experience dream last night.
I was in a desert and had control of a disk shaped craft that I moved around this desertscape for a while. I left this and stood in the desert, then aircraft of a futuristic design raced across the sky, passing across from horizon to horizon in less than a second. Suddenly I soared up into the sky as if I no longer had a physical form and quickly left the Earth, Rapidly, I left the Solar System, Jupiter was a small globe - I went further and became worried that I would not recognize the Sun among other stellar objects. I felt a force move me laterally away, further into Interstellar Space and I became very anxious. This emotion changed my physical orientation so that suddenly I was facing our Solar System. I then rapidly returned to the Solar System at an alarming rate and hurtled toward the Earth, landing on a green grassed plain with my descent slowed so that the landing was gentle. The dream ended then.

That is a beautiful dream. Wish I was good enough to paint that.

closethomosape

This is a story I wrote that I think is partially a dream I had. Wish I still had cool dreams like I did when I was little:

I woke, sliding my lids open. A dull grey-green blur met my eyes. Mist beaded my smooth face that was sleepily forming from the wood of the tree. I sighed and stood for a while enjoying the bliss of early morning. Birds twittered. With many a creak I released myself from the dusty bark and floated above the moss and leaves. The boughs arched lovingly overhead. I passed under some golden puddles of light, sometimes touching down with my toes to feel the water in the moss. I glided up to a high branch in an old pine. A breeze made me shiver.

“Do you think we’ll ever see it, Brea?” I asked the Pine I was perched on. She was very old and could no longer take her spirit form, now and forever confined to roots and branches. She answered in breezes. Cold and confused, I frowned and fell backwards onto a wind and rode it for a couple of days until I reached the sea. I alighted on the pebbles and sand and looked out across the intimidating expanse of waves and sky eventually framed by bluffs on either side. The crisp wind infused me with a sense of adventure. I walked over to a certain area where I knew I would find my friend, Crow. There he was in the distance. A silly little black dot on the white sand. Hopping about near the waves.

“Crow, what are you doing?”

He cawed, lamenting his inability to solve a riddle a seamaid had told him many days ago. I giggled. The sky looked down like a big blue eye. The salty air tousled my long hair across my face. Storm clouds were forming down near the horizon.

“Do you want to do something else today, Crow, besides solve your riddle? Maybe you could try to braid my hair again?”

He cawed frustratedly again, but placed a pretty bright red pebble at my feet as a present.

“Oh thank you, Crow! It’s so pretty! I smiled at him. He cocked his head up, regarding me with black eyes. I sat around Crow playing beach games and gossiping to him about dramas I’d heard between the flowers and butterflies. He laughed his crow laugh and went about his business collecting twigs and before I knew it, a deep rumble of thunder shook the air. I looked about and heard the chorus of seamaids mournfully announcing the coming storm. The wind became more persistent seeming to shoo me away. Something in the distance caught my eye. I swiveled my head to see a black figure in the distance waddling as fast as it could toward me. My heart dropped and terror shot through my body. Its little head sat low between its chest. It had fat stumpy legs and its long spindly arms and fingers raked the air wildly. My mouth gaped in a silent scream as I turned and bolted, sending Crow flying off. I sprinted, but my legs felt weak with terror. I was running through water, through tar. Tears ****ed out of my eyes with fear. I looked back. It was close enough that I could see its tiny turtle eyes peeking between its long basset hound ears that flopped about excitedly. I thought I would die, but when I looked back again, it was gone. I was freed from the tar and I flew into the forest. It was dark and drizzly in the woods. My eyes darted wildly. I had entered the forest of mirrors. Long mirrors planted at the base of each tree loomed up into the pine needles and rain. I froze, not knowing what to do, trapped by a storm and a monster, with the distant chorus of sirens warning. I began to cry again and blindly sprinted forward. I had no plan, no idea where I was going. I ran and ran up and up into the wet black heart of the forest. Eventually, completely exhausted, I stopped, dropped down at the base of a tree, and cried in the silence. I saw myself reflected in a ring of silvery mirrors. I had an odd feeling and I slowly looked up. A shriek tore from my throat. Hanging high up in the branches were the leathery corpses of sea-maids being swarmed by birds pecking at their flesh. Veiny, hollow-eyed skulls and rotting fish flesh hung down as far as the eye could see.

“No!” I screamed. “Crow, what are you doing!”

He was viciously tearing at an eyeball, fluttering and smacking his wings angrily against the corpse’s face.

“Stop it! STOP IT! Stop it, stop it, stop it…!”

I lost my voice when I looked to my left and saw the creature hunched over, staring at me. He had something in his hand. His pink tongue flicked in and out, pervertedly licking a small red pebble. The lightning flashed and I screamed again as I began to be absorbed into the tree, slowly sinking into the wood. My eyes began to blur over as silence overtook me.

closethomosape

This isn't amazing, but it's something

I lived in a weird half house which didn't have any walls to keep it enclosed. And it was on a grassy plain with some large hills scattered about and a bald man in a wife beater, who I understood to be my father, was standing in a hallway, silhouetted by dim light coming from the end of the hallway. He struck fear in me. He was definitely a psychopath. Someone came bursting in through a doorway and carried in the severed head of a goat and brought it to a weird satanic shrine in a small Mexican-styled room. It was more of an alcove than a room really. There were potted plants making the whole room really lush and there were small colorful statues, and tables with nice table cloths.

Last edited:

Kiwong

When Lenny my Cockatiel died I dreamt of seeing a flock of cockatiels flying overhead. I thought one of them was Lenny, I thought that is great she is flying free with other cockatiels. A bird flew down to me, and it was Lenny, and I held her near my heart.