Am I the ?

LLLady

Oldest person here ? I'm 48. I have pretty much had problems my whole life and never knew what it was until one year ago after having a very bad Panic attack and having to go to the E.R. that's when I found out what was going on
with me :( I was having 1 very bad attack a month for 4 months in a row.
My Symptoms : Getting hot n red, feeling itchy in my hands n feet, feeling like I can't breath at all, feeling like I'm going to die, a strange feeling in my stomach, My chest hurting. passing out. Mine tend to come out of no where most of the time but when I'm stressed I can have many small ones up to 10 in a day
What's your age ? and when did you start having Panic attacks ? and what's your Symptoms?

Cal

Well you posted in my thread, so I may as well add to yours.

I'm only 19, and I started having all sorts of symtoms in early 2005. Apart from my worst experience which was my itching/burning skin... some only occured a few times, like feeling nauseous, vomiting, and passing out.

I get headaches very often, at least twice a week, but i have no idea what type of headache it is, and I don't know how to explain the feeling of each individual headache. I've looked it up and there are so many types of headaches, that just reading about 'em gives me another one!

Jannah

Banned
You don't look 48 from your picture. I'm 21 and remember having these symptoms since I was like 15. The systems are, my heart starts beating real fast, my stomach hurts and feels loose (like I have to go to the bathroom), my hands start shaking, my voice sounds deeper and flatter, I can't concentrate.

iamthenra

I'm 40 years old. My symptoms are: stomach cramps, icy hands, dry or cotton mouth and the urge to run away from whatever is bothering me.

shygirly

I'll be 29 in October. I get panic attacks usually if I'm really worried about something or I'm in a large crowd of people (shopping is a big one for me). First I get what feels like fire going from my fingers up my arms to my face,then it feels like everything slows down and I can't breath,and I have to run because I think I'm going to die,it sucks.

JCS008

I'm 27. From what I noticed, it's leaning more towards the older side on these forums. I suffer from OCD. It's basically been at its peak for the past five years or so, but I've always had symptoms since I was much younger, but it was never anything that prevented my from living my life. My main symptom is a constant thought of uneasyness.

dottie

i'm 29. been having anxiety attacks since i was 11. they taught me at an early age how to avoid anxiety attacks by zoning out and focusing on something else (like the stitching in my shoes). i feel like i relied so heavily focusing on something else and zoning out that that i never learned how to "be present". i can leave my house and stuff but to cope i have to zone out.

i've learned how to not allow my anxiety attacks to peak to the point of hyperventilation and outward panic. but i still get them. i just endure them in a more socially acceptable manner and allow them to pass through me quietly without making a spectacle of myself, if that makes sense. i become stiff, i shake, can't focus, lose my breath, feel like i'm going to puke, my equalibrium and sense of direction is kind of void, my tunnel-vision closes in.

my anxiety attacks happen in places where i do not have the option to leave. the worst is the workplace because, obviously, i do NOT have the option to leave whatsoever and for long periods of time- 8.5 fricking hours (sure you get a lunch but it is worthless when you are so ridden with anxiety). my very first anxiety attacks would happen in school during class where i felt trapped without the option to excuse myself. other places that i get it are interviews, waiting rooms, parties, bars, clubs, social gatherings with groups, being around my boyfriend's family, being around roommates and being forced to have awkward conversation. i can handle being in crowds because i can kind of blend in. when i am trapped with people, that is when i FREAK.

sorry if this is tl;dr.

dottie

Oldest person here ? I'm 48. I have pretty much had problems my whole life and never knew what it was until one year ago after having a very bad Panic attack and having to go to the E.R. that's when I found out what was going on
My Symptoms : Getting hot n red, feeling itchy in my hands n feet, feeling like I can't breath at all, feeling like I'm going to die, a strange feeling in my stomach, My chest hurting. passing out. Mine tend to come out of no where most of the time but when I'm stressed I can have many small ones up to 10 in a day
What's your age ? and when did you start having Panic attacks ? and what's your Symptoms?

do you have an idea of what triggers your panic attacks? is there a certain place or situation you find yourself in? or does it happen randomly?

islandguy

I am around the same age as you LLlady. I just discovered these forumns. Hopefully they will help me. Will start a new thread to detail my story

Noca

Banned

The last SA board i was on had a 78 yr old woman on it, so your not the oldest ive seen.