am i overreacting?

DepravedFurball

Paranoid? I'd say you're being absolutely oblivious to the reality that he's just bad news.

And now you're (again) trapped in his web of deceit. Hopefully you can remember how you wised up the first time around.

slimjim119

I don't think your being paranoid. You should be leery of this guy. Don't settle for a relationship if there is mistrust. Sometimes you have to go with your instinct.

I'm sure you can do better. Even if you feel comfortable around him. You will always have doubts. Don't let your SA allow you to get stuck in a bad relationship.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Going on what you've said, this guy will lead you on a merry dance down the path of heartbreak until something better comes along. Then, when that chick is gone, he'll be looking for you again to fill in his lonely evenings.

The guy sounds unfaithful and quite frankly, a bit of a j e r k.

nicole1

You're not being paranoid. You're quite smart about this. You know a lot of what is happening even when he keeps lying to you about it. Since you KNOW these facts, use them to your advantage, and make a better judgement call on whether or not you should be with him.

DepravedFurball

Good on you.

You deserve far better than a smarmy guy who'll hump any leg in sight.

Now just make sure to block him on Face-crap, his emails, texts, and phone-calls, and you'll never have to deal with this additional stress ever again.

:thumbup:

slimjim119

changed my mind

told him things didnt feel right, but he convinced me to stay, urging me that i should have just talked to him about things and that if i ever have a problem, to speak up so we could work things out. so we're seeing each other still. things feel better.

:eek:Keep your guard up.

I think that if you feel you need to look at his facebook account to find out whats going on.... then the relationship is not in a good place

Xervello

Recently my ex came back into the picture after two years. I broke up with him out of paranoia and insecurity over facebook stuff and small stuff

Well we've been dating, and right away I've noticed he's been lying about a lot. He told me he'd mostly been working and doing school stuff the past couple years and hasn't had time for much dating. that's a lie, because it shows he'd been in a relationship with a girl for a year and a half. they broke up last month.

Before we met up, he sent me a pic of himself, saying he just took it that day. It was clearly very old, because when i did see him in person again, he was a lot heavier than in the picture. and had a different phone.

also - pair of girls earrings in a bowl beside his bed, and he comments on girls facebook pictures with "gorgeous <3"

also a year ago, he messaged me on facebook saying he missed me and asked if i wanted to come over some time. his profile pic was of his girlfriend at the time, which i now confirmed to be his girlfriend, since he was in a relationship then according to his facebook timeline

am i being overly paranoid again? i really like him and he says he really likes me too. he's pretty awesome, we have a ton of stuff in common, and i feel really relaxed around him. and he's really nice to me when we're together. i just dont know if i can trust him, or am i just overreacting?

He sounds like a narcissist who's just using you for whenever he needs to feel better. I'm sure he's very good at convincing you otherwise, because he doesn't want to lose his safety net; you. My question is, why don't you think you deserve better? Yeah, it's hard to find anyone who really knows us, who likes something about us and who is willing to spend time with us - that's why it's so difficult to leave manipulative, abusive "loved ones". But putting yourself through all his crap sounds like you're just beating yourself up via this guy. Stop punishing yourself. You don't deserve that.

Megaten

I have a bad feeling that by "work things out" he's really saying "I'll be more careful to cover my tracks from now on". I know that I personally wouldn't comment on a girls fb picture telling her she's gorgeous unless I was attempting to flirt and get things going. So yeah that sounds like textbook player activity to me.