Am I heartless

Lavinialuna

No I'm not being mean, its just this girl likes to cause drama and she didn't even really know the kids till they died and she acts like she knows them. It's ok to express yourself but if its the only thing you talk about non stop it gets annoying. I want to hear better things then death. It's just really hard to know these things. I have lost one person who meant the world to me, she was my cousin and we were best friends we always saw each other. She was diagnosed with cancer at 7 years old 2 years later it took her life away. I am still depressed to this day from that so I do understand the pain. It's just I don't know why someone would say they knew the people just to get attention.
Got ya. Some people perhaps really do seek attention, like those mother's who poison their kids for attention. Could have a mental illness? I agree those people are hard to take.

Dreamseller

A similar thing happened at my school a few years ago. A girl died at a swimming event and tons of people who didn't know her, or even any of her friends were crying and talking about it as if they did.

I guess maybe it makes people think that they aren't as immune from death as people seem to think they are when they are young. A lot of attention seekers jumped in on it too though.

If it's bothering you, just stop using Facebook or just try and shrug it off when you see it.

Personally though, I feel the same as you do. I don't get it when people are emotional about things that aren't affecting them. I don't see how it is of any benefit to get upset about something you have no control over or doesn't affect you. Instead of getting upset, I'd rather see people try and help those who actually are affected by whatever happened. That's much more useful to everyone.

Well recently where I live there was a fire. I think as many as 9 or so young boys died. Everyone on my facebook is sad about it and everyone I know is trying to be there for the families. I don't know I just don't feel sympathy for them and I am being blunt but I just don't feel like its my problem. Like I have people on my facebook posting non stop about it and I just want to tell them to stop. Most of them don't even know the people and their balling their eyes out. I don't understand it at all, are they looking for attention?
Most people don't genuinely care. They just say they do because either they think it is the normal thing to do or they are scared that if they don't they will be considered 'heartless'.