Alone

Ever since I lost my job and I had to move here I have felt even worse within myself. I have lived a solitary life for years, I often prefer it but there are times when I don't. I wish I had a friend or two, someone to chat to, laugh with, hang out with... instead it's just me. It's my fault. I have zero social skills and nobody gives me the time I need to come out of my shell.

My Christmas was spent alone. I had to call my parents... my father didn't want to talk and my mother just went on about how wonderful lunch is going to be, the whole family will be together... a part of me was relieved to not get an invite. I miserably flicked through the Christmas photos my sibling posted on Facebook.

So this is my life now. Completely alone... I am so bored.

If I died nobody would notice until my unit neighbours could start to smell me.

Anyway, this is my first post on this site... not quite the introduction I was planning but oh well :)

MikeyC

I wish I had a friend or two, someone to chat to, laugh with, hang out with... instead it's just me. It's my fault.

the whole family will be together... a part of me was relieved to not get an invite.
I have noticed a pattern! Detective Mikey is on the case. ::p:

Anyway, you want someone to hang out with, but you were relieved not to get an invite to your family's lunch. Do you not get along with your family? Or is this your default need to stay solitary?

Other people may also see you as being rude or uncommunicative, when in reality you're just shy. I do hope you get a friend or two, though. It's nice to be able to talk to people and have someone there who enjoys your company. Welcome to the forum. :)

Dogs_of_war

I think we all no how you feel ReclusiveGirl22 the only thing that keeps me going is my job I hope you feel better soon and welcome to the forum

ImNotMyIllness

It's not your fault. By blaming yourself, you're only adding to your misery. Making friend will require effort. There are a lot of SAs from this forum living in England. I hope you're able to make some friends and meet up.

camdeny

I too was feeling very lonely on Christmas Just getting through the day seemed to help a bit. Are other days as bad

Marc7

I have no real life friends either and it hard be around family on holidays when you don't have a job or go to school and don't how to socialize conversationally besides small talk, Yea it's boring and sadden having no friends and really wanting them.

camdeny

I'm hoping to get out do some socially good things and connect with people that way after I retire soon. Seems like a dream though

migthymask

Hi ReclusiveGirl, we can only go ahead, life is hard and sometimes we will fall but always we should rise, one, two, three times or when we need do it. So you are not alone, you can go to this board wich we will support to you. Remember smile :)

The way i see it, either we are alone together with others (ie "together alone"), or alone by ourselves. It always seems that even if i spend much time with people, i always immediately afterwards revert to the "default" of being & feeling alone. So i am am now trying to (whenever lonely/etc feelings arise) view the world as a whole bunch of separate things (myself being one of those things). And contrary to reason, that view seems to help me when i'm feeling like that (ie i feel a little less lonely/separate); perhaps there's some real truth to it :question: