All people around are luckier than me

anuskas

When I look at my life, it seems like I do not even have much bad to say, but that's because I do not complain a lot and I am used not to living, just be glad to survive and have an awful job, but then when I look at the other people around me and start to see the differences it gives me a huge interior riot and I can only think I have any luck at all.

Sometimes I feel like leaving everything behind and live a while without the stress of work and without this daily struggle to meet expectations. This would provide a little help to make a life, but only a part of it because the other part can hardly be changed.

I feel that everybody is luckier than I am (colleagues, friends, ...). Does anyone else feel wronged?

MollyBeGood

I can relate. I keep a thankfulness diary and some days all I can be happy for is a roof over my head and food-pretty sad. I feel like I have really tried hard to make a better life for myself but that everything I have tried goes to hell. I don't like to whine or complain much though about it b/c I know I could always have it worse i guess...
I would love to for example just be able to support myself, and one day maybe have a family but i don't see either thing happening anytime soon unless things really turn around for me. I don't have a ton of hope for things being a lot better for me anytime soon either. I really try to live for the day and I never plan for the future.
I don't think most people live that way.. everyone seems to have plans and hope. I don't know if I am being negative and it's my depression talking or I am just a realist and don't want to be further disappointed by life anymore than I already have.

By being thankful, that has helped me not to dwell on this.

Kiwong

There has been a lot of sadness and suffering in my life. Three years ago I would've said I was unlucky, as I lurched from one disaster to another.

From about June 2008 my life changed somehow miraculously for the better. And right now I am so thankful for that time, and I feel luckly in so many ways. Finally, I have things in my life that I am scared of losing.

It is a real change from not really caring about my future, and not expecting to live beyond fifty. Now I am nearly fifity and I've spent amazing days where I discovered what truly being happy really feels like. That I could be so happy came as a total surprise.

Am I lucky? I reckon I am.

Agent_Violet

i think even the people who are seemingly happy and lucky get that urge to just walk away from it all even for a short while.
i've learned that many times the people who seem the luckiest are the ones who are the most unhappy and trapped by stress and expectations.

i think that's just life.