Alienssss

LoyalXenite

Just finished watching a (granted very boring) movie and was curious how many on here believe in aliens. Do you believe extraterrestrial life forms exist? Are they intelligent/would we be considered intelligent in comparison to them? Have they ever made contact? Will we ever make contact? Would humans just destroy it because we havent even learned to live peacefully amongst our own kind let alone a whole other intelligent species?

What are your thoughts guys?

aliens.jpg

My personal opinion on this is that life forms must exist out there in some form, to believe otherwise feels incredibly narcissistic imo. Whether they are intelligent or we'd remotely come close to their supreme intelligence, it could easily be either or indeed both. I dont believe in crop circles or people getting probed, so my general response is no we havent made contact yet, but I hope for it to happen (my trekkie side is showing I know). And of course yes humans would totally screw it up and our crappy world leaders would thrust us into intergalactic wars that we arent even remotely equipped to handle :LOL:

Sacrament

I think it's naive to say that we're alone in the universe. At the same time, I think any possible alien civilizations are too advanced for them to want to need our planet for anything (unless they're hostile and just want to have it and call it their own).

It's possible that legitimate alien saucer sightings that people have witnessed are extraterrestrials simply passing by and seeing what's up before they leave.

It's also possible that we're just a simulation being run but much more advanced civilizations, or that we're just a computer game (like The Sims) that some creature is playing in some other dimension. So many possibilities.

MollyBeGood

I feel asleep watching a documentary last night about the Haunebu since just learning about them through a historian I respect. Mind blown. If the subject of aliens 👽 interests you at all Loyal this is worth suffererin through the awful audio recording and cringe worthy synth music. I am going to try to finish it today. About half way in it gets really technical and very interesting.

LoyalXenite

I feel asleep watching a documentary last night about the Haunebu since just learning about them through a historian I respect. Mind blown. If the subject of aliens 👽 interests you at all Loyal this is worth suffererin through the awful audio recording and cringe worthy synth music. I am going to try to finish it today. About half way in it gets really technical and very interesting.

Ooh thanks, I'll definitely check it out :D

I go along with the Great Silence and Far Away Beliefs.
Maybe another species out there has looked at us and had the same experience that we have when we look at an ants nest with ants crawling around it, and thought "aren't those little cute things, their brains must be so small".

But maybe they, like us knowing that there is no way an ant could understand what we say to them, know that we would not understand anything they may try to communicate to us - so they just don't bother. We should be grateful they have not decided to buy some pesticide and kill us all. :oops:

LoyalXenite

I go along with the Great Silence and Far Away Beliefs.
Maybe another species out there has looked at us and had the same experience that we have when we look at an ants nest with ants crawling around it, and thought "aren't those little cute things, their brains must be so small".

But maybe they, like us knowing that there is no way an ant could understand what we say to them, know that we would not understand anything they may try to communicate to us - so they just don't bother. We should be grateful they have not decided to buy some pesticide and kill us all. :oops:

I wouldnt be surprised if they looked at us as primitive apes still slaughtering each other over stupid borders and imaginary friends, never considered that we might be as ants to them, its fitting in a way though.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Hahaha love the memes.. :LOL:

Personally, I believe we simply don't know enough to make a judgement.

We could be the first 'spawn' of 'intelligent' life in the universe.. on the tip of the spear so to speak.
Or we could be that rare chance where the right conditions have come about and life has propagated.
Or we could be too far out of reach to see other civilizations that have spawned.
Or.... maybe other life forms just aren't recognizable to us.

I think we are very much constricted in what we see by our senses. Technology is allowing us to see more than our natural senses allow.