alien abduction obsessive thoughts

Closeout

i used to have this big fear of abduction thoughts when i was a little younger, and now the thoughts have come back again. i keep thinking that maybe i've been abducted by aliens and how i would never know either way. i try to force it out of my mind, but when i go to do something else, the thought pops into my head "why am i doing this when i could have been abducted by aliens"? has anyone else gone through something similar? i really need some coping techniques. :/

mmmm

Well, I can't prove 100% whether you have or have not been abducted by aliens but worst case scenario, if you have, clearly they did not harm you in any way or you would have injuries or trauma to deal with. If you have been abducted, it sounds like they beamed you up unconscious, didn't hurt you and then put you back. This seems to me to be completely pointless behaviour from intelligent lifeforms and makes no sense. To me, it seems much more likely that you were not abducted by aliens.

P.S. I know that logic and OCD are not good friends but I do hope it helps.

BloodFury

Sometimes I think crazy things such as I am being used as a test unit or I am dreaming. (Solipsism)

It always goes back and forth, I always wait it through. Who knows, maybe it'll come back in a few months.

Apotheosis

Think of it this way:

Even if you had been abducted, what would that change in your daily life? Sure, it would be an incredible occurrence, but men have gone to the moon and come back to live out relatively ordinary lives. Crazy **** happens, having met an alien would just make you more awesome (though I'd be wary of putting that on any job applications).

coyote

i thought i saw bigfoot in the woods once

i hid behind a tree and waited for it to get close, then jumped out and took a photo

it turned out to be a large woman from minneapolis wearing a black fleece hoodie

telling her i thought she was bigfoot did not help the situation

Agent_Violet

i hid behind a tree and waited for it to get close, then jumped out and took a photo

it turned out to be a large woman from minneapolis wearing a black fleece hoodie

*sigh* there it is...coffee spit all over my monitor.

:D too much funny in your comment

Apotheosis

Seriously, forget all that trite psychoanalytic counseling - making people laugh their asses off is the best therapy they could get. :D

You've got a gift.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Seriously, forget all that trite psychoanalytic counseling - making people laugh their asses off is the best therapy they could get. :D

You've got a gift.

THIS for coyote! :D

BUT SERIOUSLY - to the OP Closeout - when I was young like, 3rd-4th grade I think - I had this exactly about being abducted by aliens. I just had severe pneumonia in 2nd grade and almost died, and it screwed me mentally that's when my OCD developed or started.

And I swear I was being abducted. I'd wake up with unexplained scratches on me and all wet and nightmares of hovering gray aliens. (turns out a large woman from Minneapolis wearing a gray fleece hoodie was to blame too :D

But no really - it went away. Never got help, except by my dad yelling at me. Honestly I don't even remember how it stopped. I got friends actually and just healthier. But OCD remained for a long time. Meditation, deep breathing, writing down and talking with ppl were coping techniques that qualmed most of my OCD AND getting out in public it's all worse alone at home - as I realize now, my OCD is returning.

Anyways good luck if want to talk privately PM me or stuff. Or maybe I'll beam down and "visit" you :D

SAYC

Sometimes I suspect I am on TV like Jim Carey in "The Truman Show" and everyone around me are actors. I see strangers around me at the mall and think, didn't I just see that person in a different costume or disguise elsewhere?

It's a fleeting thought and I don't let myself get stuck on it. Great thinkers have pondered the whole idea of existence and purpose and whether there are other worlds and aliens. I am sure "normal" people have the thought or concern that they have been abducted by aliens at least once in their lives. Remember all those "Twilight Zone" episodes?:eek: