A thought

tregg

It occured to me while lying in bed today that if someone takes something from you-could be a girlfriend or unfairly terminates you from a job, whatever-what is the point is fuming about it? You can't do anything about it. Get off your a** and go get a new one. Or was that the only girl/boy or job? Don't think so!

snowcream

Is it that easy to get over something like that? We arent robots who have no emotions, we have to take time to accept things first before we can move on.
There might be other people/ opportunities out there, but sometimes we get attached to things we like and its hard to let them go

Death Rider

Congratulations, you just realized one of the Buddhist monks' principals - what happens to us in our lives affects us only to the degree that we let it. Example? Black humor. Why can one person laugh at it, while the other one can't?

Luka

We all handle anger differently. Maybe holding grudges, or just letting go. To think in a way that you can let go is a very good attitude and if more peope could act that way too - that would be a great thing!

Apotheosis

We all handle anger differently. Maybe holding grudges, or just letting go. To think in a way that you can let go is a very good attitude and if more peope could act that way too - that would be a great thing!

I find relaxing in front of a nice fire often helps me clear my mind to let go of my grudges.

Especially if it's incinerating the thieving bastard's house.

Srijita52

I think letting go is an excellent attitude.Its only my thought,but I feel dwelling about how we've been wronged in the past only makes us more bitter & depressed while it never solves the actual probem.I personally found out that it was a lot better to just let go & move on,that way I could actually focus on my current problems than getting distracted by how ppl treated me unfair in the past & the bitterness that brought with it.Then again its only my view,different ppl have different ways to deal with them...

Deus_Ex_Lemur

This is the whole mindfulness attitude. Living in day tight compartments. It's hard to really live this way when there's been years of the opposite, despite the very notion of that's the point, your past ways doesn't need to define you. But just takes inner awareness, practice, etc. I was doing this and slipped badly these last few months. But it's the best attitude to have =) One of them anywho.

panicsurvivor

Congratulations, you just realized one of the Buddhist monks' principals - what happens to us in our lives affects us only to the degree that we let it. Example? Black humor. Why can one person laugh at it, while the other one can't?

Right on. There is so much wisdom in Buddhism. Whether the spiritual aspects of it are correct or not, the mental aspects are spot on. That is the second post by you that I have seen that I have thought was awesome.

Lea

Banned
Is it that easy to get over something like that? We arent robots who have no emotions, we have to take time to accept things first before we can move on.
There might be other people/ opportunities out there, but sometimes we get attached to things we like and its hard to let them go

Agree, we are no robots, if we were life would be so easy, we could line it up perfectly, but the emotions f... everything up. But still, having emotions is much better than having none, although a lot harder as well.