A message to SA World

anomicdeer

I love seeing how some guy come on here to complain he isn't getting laid. Or even better, someone in school, college graduate with a job. A CAREER. But you come here to f.u.c.king complain about not having friends! Well too bad for you!

I had no friends and I was happy go to work every damn day I had to. I could do what I want but now I'm just a loser wasting space on Earth and when I find out my job just layed me off I'll be sure to be another waste of co2. I hate this world. Life is too much. How is that SPW?????

Sacrament

So you're saying it's okay for you to complain because you have your own problems, but if others complain about their own it's not okay anymore because you should be the center of the universe?

Steiner

You must be hurting. Not sure how attacking others would help though. What are you expecting from this site? Whatever it is you probably won't find it. Just because you are happy with no friends doesn't mean others are.

Bottom-line:

You need to find value in yourself. Not from some job.

Argentum

It's all relative. Being happy without human contact, without purpose, without food - all needs that are incredibly difficult to surpass and ignore. Arguing over which ones people should or should not be in pain without is a pointless battle, because after awhile just having a career would still be meeting only one desire. I'm sure everyone thinks winning the lottery would make them happy, but there's plenty of stories of people whose lives have been turned upside down by having more money and seeing what that makes of the people around them.

I know of a few people who grew up in families who could barely afford to feed them in countries where their chances of improving were immensely small who'd probably have viewed having no job but still eating as an improvement. To child sex slaves, even situation would probably have been a step up. I don't think the Ladder of Pain has a bottom rung, really.

Last edited:

Xervello

I agree with her about others complaining about not getting laid. Could do without having to wade through those posts.

Btw, she was venting. We've all done it.

andsorry

I love seeing how some guy come on here to complain he isn't getting laid. Or even better, someone in school, college graduate with a job. A CAREER. But you come here to f.u.c.king complain about not having friends! Well too bad for you!

I had no friends and I was happy go to work every damn day I had to. I could do what I want but now I'm just a loser wasting space on Earth and when I find out my job just layed me off I'll be sure to be another waste of co2. I hate this world. Life is too much. How is that SPW?????

I'm going to sit here and write posts complaining about how much my college life sucks.

You're doing the same thing with just a different theme.

Try being a little less judgmental. Friends don't like being criticize.

NamiraWilhelm

Their problems aren't your problems, but they're problems all the same. Causing grief to the one enduring them.
You need to develop greater compassion both for others and towards yourself.

Social anxiety is a luxury to us all, no? A person in a developing country with no clean water could easily look at these problems, including your problems, and give it 'Well I have sick babies and no medicine nor water, and you have the audacity to complain about being crap at socializing???!!!!'

Some people think if only they could get laid it will make them happy and solve their problems.

Some people think if only they could earn enough money to be able to afford to move out of their parents home it will make them happy and solve all of their problems.

Some people think that if only they could get a girlfriend/boyfriend it will make them happy and solve their problems.

Some people think that if only they could get a great a job it will make them happy and solve their problems.

Some people think if only they could get a nice flash car it will make them happy and solve their problems.

Some people think if only they could get a large new house will make them happy and solve their problems.

Some people think if only they could get married and have a family of their own it will make them happy and solve their problems.

Some people think if only they could get a nice big boat they could go fishing in every weekend it will make them happy and solve all of their problems.

The problem is that all the people in the world that may have gotten any of things listed above STILL have problems. I don't think any person on earth is completely problem free.

You focus on what other people think.

You focus on other peoples opinions because you care about other peoples views

Focus is key

Have some faith

Change your thinking patterns through transcendental meditation

I overcame my social phobia, and ocd when I figured out how to do T.M.

If you have social anxiety, and you aren't involved in transcendental meditation then your ignorant and stupid.

Its the cure to obsessive negative thinking.

You begjng to focus outward

You begin to see.

"Before I was blind, but now I see"

I'm pretty sure Jesus said that.

I took every drug there is from doctors. I was suicidal. I'm 26 years old, and I overcame social anxiety through TM. The day following the first time I did it, I felt a huge difference. The sky was blue, and I had a smile, because I knew. I knew I figured it out.

After a few months you begin to live in the moment 24-7. You start having 2-5 day stretches with no anxiety. Its unbelievable. I'm going to write a book. I feel alive and I will not stop saying it until j get a response

Megaten

I agree with her about others complaining about not getting laid. Could do without having to wade through those posts.

Btw, she was venting. We've all done it.

Then dont read them. I came here to have a judgement free place to talk about embarrassing things. As Ive already gotten unfriended and ridiculed for doing that on Facebook.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
This is probably not the best thread in the world to resurrect. Anomic seems to be dealing with a lot, and she probably created this thread in a moment of intense frustration.

S_Spartan

The problem is that all the people in the world that may have gotten any of things listed above STILL have problems. I don't think any person on earth is completely problem free.

True but it's the difference between having problems in a nice house of your own with a loving spouse and family and a good job vs somebody alone in a dumpy place and unemployed or barely employed with nobody to lean on.
Both will have problems but the latter's will be amplified 1000x.

MollyBeGood

I hope things improve for you.

I know how you feel-it's hard when you don't get the basics in life...it's down right horrible really.

Y'all are on your own. I overcame social phobia but no one asks questions because all of you convinced yourselves you can't get better. Wasting my time.

Odo

Banned
I hope things improve for you.

I know how you feel-it's hard when you don't get the basics in life...it's down right horrible really.

True dat.

We all have ups and downs. It's kind of terrible how the downs tend to push people away when we need them the most, and the ups seem to bring people closer when we need them the least.

If we could reverse this, we would have something really special.

anomicdeer

*resurrect*
Thanks.

I was hoping this wasn't my thread but whatever. At least some people know it was just rage and I don't mean to hurt anyone.

I just needed a fix of venting by not just going to the "post your thoughts..." Thread instead I made one.