A "Cure" for Cancer

Going Insane

Curing cancer, heart disease, and some forms of paralysis within the next 50 years, using only technology.
This an absolute possibility if the economy doesn't die (I have other plans for a momentary tourniquette{ the hydrogen fuel switch plan}) probably might want to send that one to the lodge in Michigan...

As current computer technology advances, silicone valley may become a rust belt (Michio Kaku). As I forsee, computer programmers may very well become a hot comody, as we move in to the realm of nano tech ever since the synthesization of carbon nano-tubes.

How can cancer be cured? Well, not exactly cure but can remove all undifferentiated cells stopping and reducing the tumor.

After the creation of the bot with an imbedded program cut from a sheet of carbon nanotubes using the presicion of a computer directed laser.

These bots will act on the mollecluar level and just like "pinchers"(think of your thumb and index piching)targeting the cancer directly.

Just like how our nerves work, a current is used to contract "scissor" like opposing "digitalis"

One can easily make the base program task to specifically "cut" off an x ammount of undifferentiated cells before leaving the host and powering off.
The great part is that the bots can be directly injected in to the blood stream and can circulate even removing leukemia and lymphoma.

Think about a stage 4 Cancer to a Stage 1 in a day or even less. (Re-mittion is possible but you have a second chance with out the nausea of chemo therapy or the body dis-figuration worries of radiation and surgery.

Same basis can be used for heart disease, removing plaque from the arterial walls.

Curing paralysis

Another solution given, simply they would need to be programmed to act as neurons and nerves, using sensors to detect the neuro-chemicals (such as acetylcholine) or low dose electrical signals, they in turn would fire a low dose current. This would simulate the chain reaction of moving the body (acting as nerve/spinal cord system)
They would then act in between mechanisms.
(Must stay away from magnets as if a pacemaker)
Paralysis in the advent of greater Biologocial understanding.

When our knowledge and understanding increases in stem cell research and technology, we will eventually be able to grow neurons and nerves out side of the host.

As of now, we see that nerves are the slowest to repair and in many cases unable to heal/regrow, and if it does may regrow incorrectly. When we are able to artificially grow the nerves outside the host and able to implant them, the implantation may not be a complete success due to the growth direction and or scar tissue for the surgery.
The assistance of the bots can make the implantation easier. They may be able to facilitate the implantation(making sure scar tissue is not a factor and that the nerve grows in the correct manner{I.E. direction}) and repair it allowing virtually no defect in transplantation, giving full mobility again to the patient.
This technology would revolutionize the world and possibly bring us closer to a type 1 civilization.

I believe AIDS could even be stopped, but the bots must be programmed to target the infected cells. Using a "heat source" burn out the viruses but only a few bots can be in the host at one time. (too many will literally boil the "blood".

Also allowing another expansion in our economy.

I also believe that the government needs to be associated with this technology, so they can protect it(from terrorists), lower the national debt, and make sure that a singular business entity does not have a monopoly over it (basically allowing to be "affordable for all classes of people.
The government itself can make deals with the manufacturers and then distribute for purposes such as medical and construction. Further reducing the national debt.
-Now personally, I would like to make America the physical healing capital of the world using this technology. Allowing patients from all over the world to fly here for treatment. (economy wise, it would help the U.S.)
-Because of the dangers associated with this technology, more police forces and security are to be associated with the companies using the technology. Allowing more jobs and further stimulating the economy while lowering the national and allowing the government to continue to keep its' promises.

NOW THE DANGERS OF THIS TECHNOLOGY
Possibly the most fearsome foe technology can create.
Think of something almost invisible, that can kill you without you even knowing it.
The most fearsome scenario was stated by prince Charles of England dubbed "grey goo"
As self replication mass of nanobots "consuming" all carbon based life forms not even plants/grass will remain. It would resemble a wave of "grey goo" being left behind spreading the world.
The only way to stop it, would be "containment"(if caught early) using even a nuclear arsenal.

I need help thinking safety protocols to prevent them being used as weapons.
(Look at the Bio-hazard symbol. It represents bacteria and viruses but it also resembles the first generation of bots I can see removing cancer)

Safety protocols I can think of for a 1st generation nano bot
1. Program code imbedded and not re-writable
2. Pre-set limit on the task programmed
3.Checked and double checked minimum 10x by professional programmers
4.Programming base must "equal" all "language"(Don't know if possible), so a viral code will also affect the original computer...Probably won't stop them though...
In the bots creation lab
1.Magnetized entrances and room (erasing the memory?)If one leaves that's not supposed to.
2.Imbedded code of a high pitched frequency for detection if one leaves permitted area.
3.Imbedded magnetize trigger if leaving the designated area. Might not be possible 1st generation
In the operating/hospital setting
First I may have to suggest a technology forgotten, except by Fry's. The Tesla coil
In the center the operating building must be a Tesla coil that's electricity only reaches the surrounding operating rooms. The next area after the operating rooms are to remain statics free. The final outer rooms must be magnetized so no IR beams penetrate as well as not allowing bots to leave the designated ares. High security is also advice and only the operators and patients are allowed in to the operating room area's.
en et aracadia ego....

awkwardamanda

What the hell are you talking about?!

This has nothing to do with social anxiety. Someone should at least move it to off-topic.

xDreamseller

Reading this made me glad I chose Computer Science at University :)

The only thing is, this..operation?..will most likely be very expensive (at least in the beginning anyway) and even when it becomes economical, it will probably still only be so in the most developed countries.

It's a nice thought though and hopefully there will be plenty of jobs for me in there somewhere! :applause:

*Oh and yea, put in off-topic*

Going Insane

What the hell are you talking about?!

This has nothing to do with social anxiety. Someone should at least move it to off-topic.

Well, If you have social phobia and one of the ones you love has cancer... You know one of the ones that "accept" you... Wouldn't you want to give them hope as they you....

laure15

Wow, that's a very ambitious plan. Are you also a computer science student or computer programmer?