A Christmas Story

coyote

It was Christmas morning. Little Davey had been waiting for this day for what seemed like an eternity. He knew exactly what he was going to find under the tree, because he had asked Santa himself for it, at the mall: the coveted, electric metallic blue X500 Speedster!

Davey had spent the last 3 months in anticipation, dreaming of all the fun he would have with his new X500. Now that the awaited day was here, he could hardly contain himself. He ran through the house, waking the entire family. "Get up, get up!" he cried, "Get out of bed and open presents!"

As the rest of the family stumbled groggily toward the tree, Davey was already under it, digging for any parcel that had his name on it. There was a flurry of paper and ribbon and tinsel flying all around the living room, as Davey tore into one present after another, searching for the X500.

There were other toys, the BB gun he'd been asking for for years, books, games, stuffed animals, clothes, and even other race cars - red ones, green ones, orange ones - and the track to race them on.... But no electric metallic blue X500 Speedster!

Davey started to cry.

"What's wrong?" his father asked, "Didn't Santa bring you alot of really great stuff?"

"NOOO!!" shouted Davey, "He was SUPPOSED to bring me an electric metallic blue X500 Speedster. But he didn't!"

Davey's father was perplexed. "Well, maybe they ran out of the X500 at the store, er, I mean, at Santa's workshop. I hear a lot of other little boys wanted one, too."

"Yeah, but... That's what I wanted," sobbed Davey.

"I'm sorry, son," said his father trying to console him, "but at least Santa brought you all these other race cars, and track, and games, and other toys, and even that BB gun you didn't get last year! Isn't that awesome?"

"NOO!" shouted Davey, "it's NOT FAIR!!!! Everyone else got what they wanted. I NEVER get ANYTHING I want. This is the worst day of my life. I HATE Christmas! I hate Santa! I hate everyone and everything!"

And with that, Davey folded his arms crossly, stomped off to his room, and flung himself onto his bed. "Nobody cares how I feel," he pouted.

All the presents that Davey's parents had spent so much time and money to get for him were left ignored on the floor amongst the empty boxes, ripped paper, and torn ribbons.

Last edited:

Srijita52

Hmm I guess he wanted the toy that he couldn't have so bad that he ignored all other wonderful toys that were already there for him. He probably wasn't even realising that how much his parents had spent their time and money on all these toys. He shouldn't have of course. He should've appreciated those.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
The moral of this story is that Santa is a bastard and should be shot, right? Or is it maybe that if the hottest girl in my class won't go out with me (even though I've never really spoken to her), that God is a bastard and should be shot? Wait! I know! It's that the makers of the electric metallic blue X500 Speedster are bastards and they should be shot for making kids want their car so much! Right?

I'm sure it involves bastards that need to be shot, in any event.

KiaKaha

Banned
That's Santa for you...what a prick. Only works one day a year and he cant even provide a spedster.

Personally I think Davey underacted.

Bastards bastards everywhere. I think Nathanielwingatepeaslee might be onto something, despite the sarcasm.

Interesting choice of name for the character...reminds me of someone, cant quite put my finger on who though.

Last edited:

Hoppy

"The fat bastard is getting sloppy without competition."

Serious: How did the parents feel?

Boby

So the moral is that Davey represents us and that we should be happy with what we got in our life and never cry for what others have and we don't?
Hmmm but what if we don't get anything for Xmas not only that speedster?

Last edited:

Gaucho

So the moral is that Davey represents us and that we should be happy with what we got in our life and never cry for what others have and we don't?
Hmmm but what if we don't get anything for Xmas not only that speedster?

hhahahah, he represents the egoistical human, who can't appreciate what he has and only wants more and things he can't have. but he is a little kid, so after all i don't hate or blame him. if he was 16/18 it would be a different story.

Rembrandt Broam

Maybe if Davey ebayed all the other toys, he could get enough money to buy an X500.

Although I'm not sure exactly how that would work within the allegorical context. It'd almost certainly be both illegal and immoral. :)

WeirdyMcGee

From what I hear about twitter and facebook and countless other 'social networking tools' is that it's full of Daveys, complaining that their parents didn't get them a car or a new iphone.