A bit of my Story and my Apology to you all..

sleepysparrow

Hi :)
I don't know what you are apologizing for, but there is no need to be sorry for anything. We all have similar problems and issues and we all say and do things we regret, it is just a part of dealing with pain and life. You don't have to explain why you are the way you are, we are all here for the same reasons, to find a friend maybe, to feel supported, to feel less alone. You don't have to leave unless you feel you have to. I wish you the best though.

Peace and Love.

It's easy to feel like you've offended people so badly that you can't show your face again, but the feeling doesn't mean you have. I've felt like that several times in my short stay here already (and I'm sorry for the tone of some of my posts toward you). At one time a month or so ago I went through and deleted a bunch of my posts and resolved to leave so I wouldn't bother anyone... and more often I'll just avoid a thread where I don't like my last reply.

It's never as bad as it seems, though. What seems like a big deal usually isn't, it's just the social anxiety blowing things out proportion. Nobody's perfect, everyone says things they regret. Take a step back, relax, and see if you can do better next time.

miss_amy

Dunno, I found some of your posts quite insulting. I respect your views, I really do, but it felt like you were pushing them too hard on to others. Some of your words were hurtful. Its Ok to have extreme views but not OK to push them on to others and say we're all doomed coz we dont share them.

I dont want you to leave, I like you :) But just said this so you know.

dottie

if you were rude i didn't notice. i tend to come off as an asshole a lot, myself. maybe that is part of S.A. to distance yourself from people? i have a MUCH harder time being friendly than being an asshole! you don't have to leave this board. so far what you posted in this thread is pretty interesting and i would be interested to read more updates.

miss_amy

Just like to point out that the posts i was refering to have been deleted now...so its not obvious what im talking about.

madmike

Out of all the people on this forum i feel your situation is most similar to mine. I also moved (from spain) 8 years ago and ever since i've distanced myself from a society in the UK i feel i have nothing in common with. I can't relate to 99.9 percent of people, because i'm scared of letting them in, scared that they'll think i'm stupid or slow because i don't know certain things or think in a certain way.

Please let me know how you get on. I'm feeling really hopeless at the moment that i'll ever find a way of integrating. I also suffer quite severely from SA, but i think if i learn how to open up and let people in i can really overcome my problem.

Also, i'm sorry about the long distance thing. I can't possibly imagine what it must feel like to love someone and not be able to humanly communicate with them :/ Can i just ask why it's not possible to see him?

Incognito

miss_amy said:
Just like to point out that the posts i was refering to have been deleted now...so its not obvious what im talking about.

Good job standing for what you believe in Vanialo...