-

TheAshenPhoenix

I'm not sure what to say.

The legend of the phoenix (condensed) is as such- a phoenix will gradually die and dissolve to ashes. From its ashes, another phoenix rises in full force.

...but what happens when a phoenix does not rise from the ashes? You have something dead, expended and useless.

That's how I feel. Dead, expended and useless. That's why I came here. I don't know why I did but I did.

As I'm 20 years of age, I'm supposed to be a strong, confident, independent man...but I'm not. I'm weak, shy, depressed, diffusing, declining in health, unconfident and, often, despairing.

I'm a college student with a 4.0 GPA but I really don't know why I continue my education. I don't know what I want to do, I don't know what I want from life.

I'm just a poet, a writer, a photographer and a public speaker. Yes...I am a decent public speaker...but an ineffective interpersonal speaker.

Anyways, I've gone ahead and self-disclosed enough for now. It's probably inexpedient and I'm probably going to either refine this post, delete it or something.

...or watch it disappear to the bottom of the boards.

Last edited:

Lou-s-Darkness

I like the words you use. Poetry is very interesting, I wish I was good at it. Maybe you can study all the subjects you have listed above? Many people do that. They graduate from a program and they go do something else. That's what I'm planning on doing later on after graduating from what I am currently studying. It doesn't hurt. :3

jaim38

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I encourage you to explore your interests, hobbies, strengths, and weaknesses to determine which career field to enter. It also helps to take personality tests and jobs match tests. The library is a good place to start, but you can also check out your college's career center too. It's also a good idea to volunteer or do an internship to get a feel for the work environment. If you want to be a nurse for example, you could volunteer at a hospital or enroll in a nursing assistant course to gauge whether it's a right career fit. Be careful of student loans though; I don't recommend borrowing student loans to attend school while not having a clear path of what you want to do for a career. This method has cost me big bucks.

chev

You definitely have an eloquent speech. It's clear that you're a poet and a writer (and I mean a good one too). I know it's easier said than done, but just remind yourself of this. I also commend you for being a good public speaker. I am terrible in both fields. It is difficult knowing what life has to offer. I am currently in college, struggling with trying to figure things out as well. I've found that college classes have mostly made me more confused. College students are pressured way too much to have everything figured out right away.

Kiwong

Well if you are a poet and writer, why not write honestly about your experiences. Get in touch with your creativity that is a valuable way to live a life.

TheAshenPhoenix

Achievement and talent bring me almost nowhere in life. Sure, they may appear to advance me, but they do not.

Within me remains a deep emotional hole that cannot be filled or otherwise purged.

It seems to be a hopeless battle, but I nonetheless somehow find a way to continue enduring...for now...

laure15

^That's great. I also didn't much care for worldly achievements, talents, and points but I know must keep enduring somehow. There's this spiritual hole within me that I'm trying to fulfill.

SilentBird

AshenPhoenix, you sound very talented and it's great that you express yourself the way you do. Keep it up, share it with people.