100 Press Up Challenge

Luke1993

yup i had to do them on my knees too as I was very weak, I felt so pathetic but over time now I can do them normally, a few days ago i did some press ups I can do 3 sets of 12, I know that's not very good but it is by my standards!

BlackKids

I use to do 100 in the Morning and 100 before I went to bed a few years ago,I can hardly do 30 now.

One of my goals it to get back to the gym though so this thread is good motivation and a good idea,exercise can work miracles for so many things.

Thats impressive dude, nice.

I wouldnt be bothered if for instance I had to do press ups on my knees. There's always gunna be someone weaker/stronger than you. Its like when you first go to the gym you feel intimated but you soon realise everyone there is only focused on how they look themselves. I suppose I should include myself in that. Gyms breed vanity

AGR

I thought about doing ,but then I dissmissed,I like my weights way to much,cant even do more than 25 push up or 2 pull ups lol :D,I would rather work for a 1 x bodyweight squat for reps.

Last edited:

Pink_Paula

I managed 10 but according to my bf i was lucky if i did one real one ::eek::

He blicking did about 30 of them though :mad:

Danfalc

Banned
Thats impressive dude, nice.

There's always gunna be someone weaker/stronger than you. Its like when you first go to the gym you feel intimated

Thanks!And exactly.When I first went to the gym I felt so skinny showering next to some of the other guys.And I struggled to lift the bench press bar on it's own at first ::eek::

But everyone has to start some where and as you say most people are focused on their own routine.

FOR REAL

Banned
well i managed 21 :)
ah tell ye though, the blood goes right to your head when you try that kind of stuff like!
its a legal high :)

BlackKids

im going for 50 this time :)
preferably without a heart attack.

Its weird how doing push ups gets the heart rate going, reasonably fast too.

I'm going to repeat week 4. My arms will definitely benefit and I don't think I'm ready to move it up, found this week a real challenge. The pain becomes addictive though, the heavy arm feeling is great :)

I've also started adding crunches, russian twists and back extentions just to balance everything out abit more

BlackKids

I hoping there are still people doing this. If you are then congrats and your inspiring. If not then your lack of commitment not only disappoints me but it disappoints yourself too!!! lol

Moving on, Destroyed Week 5 and now more than ever know when It comes to the ton I'm going to destroy that too. :) You might say I'm quietly confident :p lol

Tiercel

I hoping there are still people doing this. If you are then congrats and your inspiring. If not then your lack of commitment not only disappoints me but it disappoints yourself too!!! lol

Perhaps "I find your lack of faith disturbing" would also fit here? Unless Darth Vader is too evil for a "lol" at the end.

I'm still trying to stick to this, but I've had a few setbacks. First, I've been having a difficult time getting motivated to do anything for just over the past month. So your timing in starting this challenge was perfect; I thought it might help me get motivated again. I also have a list of things to fix, redo, and clean up around here, and I haven't done anything in almost a month and a half now. Screw depression.

Second, a week ago I went to the shore and got a damn good sunburn on my arms and shoulders. Not moving at all hurt like hell, so I wasn't about to feel the burn by doing push ups. My right shoulder is still pretty red and sore, but I can finally more it without agony.

Third, and most embarrassingly, I think I slept wrong a few nights ago. I've had a pain in my left shoulder that's not from doing push ups; it actually hurts when I pull my arm towards me. It feels like it's deeper in my shoulder, maybe one of the rotator cuff muscles? I tend to sleep on my stomach with my arms on my pillow, so maybe I pulled it in my sleep or hyperextended something? I only know the surf wasn't that rough, and it didn't hurt until I woke up on Wednesday (3 days later).

Before last weekend I almost did 32 push ups, so I only upped my max by 7 in a month. But given a resurgent depression and the fact that I'm a lard ass, I wasn't expecting to quadruple my results in merely 6 weeks. Still, 32 is more than 25, so something is working. :D

I think for now I'm going to rest my shoulder for a few days then shoot for 50 instead of 100. I'm already over 60% there, so it'll be easier to accomplish. Then I'll shoot for 75, then 100.

So my goal will be 100 push ups by my birthday (late October), if not earlier. I still want to accomplish this. Life just decided to kick my ass around a little bit.

:rolleyes:

Nack

Banned
I'm doing the one push up a day plan, I'm currently at 35 push up. Hoping to get to 100 and just staying there. I'll post back when I can make my man titties dance :3 I can already do it a little, hah!

BlackKids

I'm doing the one push up a day plan, I'm currently at 35 push up. Hoping to get to 100 and just staying there. I'll post back when I can make my man titties dance :3 I can already do it a little, hah!

lmao thats awesome

Coming into the last week now. No problem I reckon :)

BlackKids

Well I tried it tonight, going for the total 100.

I managed 99, damn it was hard (the last 5 were complete murder). I really really wanted it but wasn't to be. In the end Im not really bothered about the number, I'm happy with the benefits. Strength and sexier arms. Push ups are really great for toning. I love how anyone can get toned, no equipment required :)

I'll get the 100 another time :)