your most rewarding experience

Section_31

humm, this is a pretty broad question

Id have to say meeting my wife, and falling in love. that proved to me that even S/A people have a chance. I cant imagine how lonely id be without her.

Also, giving blood regularly. Im a total wuss when it comes to needles but i like to think maybe im making a difference and helping someone somewhere.

Purplepixies

Attending Leakycon 2011. I might never feel at home like this again.
I met Evanna Lynch. I hugged her. She told me I was cool. Signed my Hogwarts yearbook, and then I went and cried a bit. I got to meet Darren Criss. I hugged him. In the group picture I was next to him. I danced with awesome ppl at the ball. I got on stage and danced with the wrockstars and the starkid people 3,400 people attended and they were all like me. I might never feel so accepted again.

Of course you muggles are probably going "What the frunk is she going on about?"
I know what I feel! ...

WeirdyMcGee

I worked on the set of a documentary about the homeless women in Toronto.
Worked part time in community centers and shelters- met alot of women who still has a positive view of life even after everything they had been through.

We had to stay outside with some of the women who were living in a park, under a bridge-- we slept outside for 2 nights, filming and eating food they'd scavenged for everyone.
On the last day of filming, one of the women I'd gotten to know very well; an older lady in her 50's told me that I'm beautiful. At first, I took it the same way I usually do; assuming she meant that my face was pretty or something... but then she touched her chest and added; "in here." and I burst into tears.
It felt so strange hearing that from someone whom we hadn't even been directly helping- I always wish I could've done alot more for her and for all of the homeless who have no choice in the matter. It's very unfair.

The documentary raised a few grand that went entirely to homeless charities. Everyone agreed to work for free.
That was very rewarding to me.

Kiwong

Purchasing properties for conservation. I felt like I've left a legacy of something good.

Running my first fun run for twenty five years. The hard work that made that dream real

mikebird

Banned
The worst kind of reward!

After graduation, starting on a humble salary of £14k, and then a new company on £18k, and eventually £21k! This is the only scope a person can have of what you're worth is personal, when we rarely consider any friends' or colleagues' pay. All fine.

Then, a very, very AMERICAN-owned, based on American business policy... someone decided to invite me into their hive structure, at £30k. When the boss told me that, I was unaware of it, and I managed not to react the way I felt inside, and didn't fall straight of my chair. Twisted. Now pursuing £40k and £50k

I believe that twisted my career forever. Living like that was more than I ever expected. Since redundancy during cuts in 2003, I've not been accepted by other organisations. You have to stick with what you have, and I didn't realise that.

It's experiences in life that have destroyed me - used like a pawn on a chessboard... a peasant. Inside, I've coped with a lot of stuff - not just $£€ - health, low self-esteem and, overall, factors build into a summit of failure.

I'm just commenting. Not miserable. :)

Purplepixies

Well mikebird you sound like a happy person ^_^
I'm glad there's great things in life awaiting those who least expect it.
You know what's funny? I envy the fact you live in the UK but not the fact that you make good money. That's how weird I am! LOl.