Your age and your education status

Moonie

25 yrs.

I have a BA in psychology. But, these days, you need more for this degree than a BA. I am taking classes this September for either occupational therapy or psychiatric nursing. This will be challenging for me, but I am willing to try. I was always strong in school. I think teachers appreciate my hard work. I am not a suck up, but I try my best!

ljwwriter

20 and about 1 and half years of community college. Of course, I dropped out of several classes due to my anxiety. I wish I hadn't, although there was one class in particular that I know even now I would drop. It was a religion class and we had to give an HOUR LONG presentation. There was no way I could've done that.
But I'll probably be returning to school in the spring and try to get an Associates Degree there and then move on to University. Not because I want to mind you, but because this seems to be about my only option if I ever want to land a decent paying job by the time I'm 40. :roll:

Bethy

33. Almost did not graduate high school because I did not like attending class. I always stayed in the band room where I was comfortable. I finished all of my course work via independent study.

I have more college credits than God at this point, and a good number of W's and Fs -- all because I do NOT like attending class. I pretty much know something about everything at this point but no degree. I have enough credits that add up to two Master's degrees, number wise... but I lack classes to make up a single program.

Now I'm enrolled at a community college and I went out of my way to select a course of study that would allow me to take all of my courses online. I even enrolled in three different CC's to take only online courses and will transfer credits to finally get myself and AA in Business/Small Business. I'd rather go to all that trouble than sit in a classroom.

I have also worked it out with the counselor at my old University that once I get the AA in business, they will submit an appeal to award me the B.S. in interdisciplinary Studies -- no new classes needed.

So next spring I'll earn both an AA and B.S at the same time. Works for me... and not one moment of stepping foot on campus.

filmnoir

I'm 16. I've missed 2 years High school now.. I hope to start again and graduate.. I really want to go to college somehow.

autumn_82

Well, it took me 4 years to get my Associate's degree due in part to my dropping almost any class that included group work or presentations. I'm still working towards my BA which has included dropping and failing classes, and things I took that haven't counted towards my major. It will have taken me 9 years to finish.

I've gone from the Dean's List to Academic Probation and back up (but not that far back up), gotten everything from A's to F's and everything in between: Incompletes, Withdrawals. I've gotten reccomendations from professors on my writing, to professors who make me revise my papers 5 times.

All I can say is, what a ride.

Dave_McFadden

I'm 38, and I have a Master's degree. I spent four years in a Ph.D. program before I "wised up" and got a job in the real world. That's four years of my life I'll never get back, although that school has since won a National Championship so I get to wear their t-shirt. Plus I got teaching experience so it adds a few lines to my resume.