You know you're a hermit when...

Helyna

Weltschmerz said:
I won't even go into what I did when I had to move my bowels.

:lol:

This should NOT be funny.

But it is!!! :lol: :oops: :lol:

I like Recluse's answer best.

And am I the only one who thought immediately that it was a watermelon? Am I missing something?

Ericisme

wingcharm said:
I know I'm a hermit because:

- Every time my family talks about visitors... I'm the only one who gets clueless. I'm like, "Huh?! We had a visitor?!!!" or "Who are you talking about?"

- I'm the last to know about news in our neighborhood.

- I'm not usually aware of the time or the weather. Except, if I look at my watch or if there's a typhoon.

- I'm pale (lack of sun exposure)

- Some tease me that I'm a vampire or a nun. They call my room as "cage" "monastery" or "jail"

- My family can't tell the difference if I'm at home or not.

Ditto.

Cyrax

When you visit the town next door, and it looks completely different than you remembered it :p

True Story :lol:

As a kid I used to go there all the time, and I literally haven't been there in years because of SP...there's all kind of new buildings and stuff..o_O

bleach

Banned
I am not a hermit but I am thinking about becoming one. Being around people just leaves me feeling cold and empty.

NormanBates

A Hermit
--When your nickname is magician because you disappear a lot.
--When you turn down friends on a daily basis because you'd rather read books.
--When you spend a lot of time pretending you're asleep.
--When somebody at work comes up to you and says "So are you going to talk today?"
--When you have just joined a website called Social Phobia World.

nofriends34

You know you're a hermit when you can't go for a walk outside because you think people are staring at you thinking you're fat and stupid.

Ashiene

I know I'm a hermit because---

1) When I go to first day of school, everyone seems to know each other except me.

2) I go out to school only, then come home straight.

3) I refuse to go out even when family invites me to FREE dinner (they paid for my share).

4) I only use the toilet at night when everyone's asleep.

and so many more!

dpr

Pinker said:
That's pretty funny, but didn't you have to phone them to order it? I HATE making phone calls. I find it harder than talking to someone face to face.

I like the phone better because people can't see my face and the nervous expression I'm making, and there is no eye contact over the phone.

I hate answering the phone though just cuz I don't have call display and I don't know who it is on the other end.

Anyway here's one, you know you're a hermit when...

You wake up on the weekend and think, "Time to shower and brush my teeth" and then think, "Ah, what's the point?"

elusive_x

dpr said:
and then think, "Ah, what's the point?"

Hahaha-- thats pretty funny

you know your a hermit when---

your teacher surprises the class and announces that everyone will be reading their papers aloud... you can't help but to freak out and start contemplating reasons to run out of the room and never come back...
you're about to grab your bag...

and he picks you first.
( and then you go home and cry)

jordo

when i'm at home once again on a weekend night :cry:

Ashiene said:
lol a lil more info then i wanted to know. what if you have to go at other times of the day? 8O :?

Ashiene

jordo said:
when i'm at home once again on a weekend night :cry:

Ashiene said:
lol a lil more info then i wanted to know. what if you have to go at other times of the day? 8O :?

lol then i'd go when no1's watching

ljwwriter

Cyrax said:
When you visit the town next door, and it looks completely different than you remembered it :p

True Story :lol:

As a kid I used to go there all the time, and I literally haven't been there in years because of SP...there's all kind of new buildings and stuff..o_O

I do the same thing. Except it happens in my own town. Just last week I went out and saw that they are building a school about 9 miles from where I live. Actually it was already built. But I didn't even know it existed, even though I used to go down that road everyday...before I stopped going out.

Actually, I have a lot in common with posters in this thread. If we have guests over I won't leave the room unless my mother forces me to come out and say hello, which usually goes so awkwardly that I'm sure even she regrets it. Sometimes I won't even go to the kitchen to eat when it's just my family around no matter how hungry I get just so I can avoid them. I don't know why sometimes, but I'll darn near starve myself just to avoid my Dad.

jordo

Yves said:
kuhtreen said:
_Brittany_ said:
I realized I was a hermit when I started hiding in my room every time I had guests over.

That was gonna be my answer. :)
Whenever someone comes over, I close the door to my room and stay in there until they leave. Sometimes I get really hungry, but I can't go to the kitchen for fear that they will see me. Same with going to the bathroom. :-/

EXACTLY my point lol
i thought i was the only one who did this...this is sooo kewl. yay for us :p. *hint* stock up on food in your room lol. luckily i have my own bathroom now. it was scary not knowing if i would be able to use it if i needed to lol =/