You feel like your ignored becuase of SP ?

bitingthepea

Especially at work i feel like people purposely avoid me to dodge the awkwardness. Ever get those days when you think no one likes you ?

MrJones

of course, everytime I'm in class I think that nobody knows I'm there or that I'm not important enough for them... even if i'm late and the class has already started it's like I'm invisible or something

Bloir

It is in our mind but even i feel ignored when i am in class. Sometimes i have spoken and i have not received an answer. It is a despair.

Death Rider

We tend to speak in closed statements, trying to show our understanding of the subject and desire to engage in it, but we speak after giving it too much thought and having made conclusions. What else is there to talk about? That might be why there is no further answer, why they choose not to involve us as talking is more pleasant than knowing the answer.
We don't discus actual news that involve us personally as we are too busy looking for an answer to that specific question - our insecurity drives us. We are afraid to look stupid in front of others when we can't produce an answer or even have no clue to the possible outcomes of the question. Maybe that question will seem stupid? Maybe it's obvious to them and I'm the only one out of the circle? That leads to sitting quietly in the corner :< People tend not to notice still objects ;D

Death Rider

See? That's what I mean ;D Done and done, topic locked ;D
I actually never tried encompassing it all like this :? Just after receiving confirmation I realised that Yes, good chance that I have SAD, as it is from my own experience (Liebowitz only gave me a 65, not enough avoidance - I eat my veggies only because I know their good for me). The second thing is - what to change as not to be the party-pooper ;D If you know the right answer - just lead the person to it. He will feel awesome having found this one himself. No one says you can't let him stumble a little off track :>
Conformism is a bitch, but I haven't found a better route :?

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Much is in your head. Thoughts and perceptions colored by our very SA. We pick out actions that may have multiple reasoning behind it's course; and choose the negative side of it, shown inward at us to presume a conclusion.

AND - we give off energies, body language. I can tell, or sense when someone may want to be left alone. We may really NOT want to be, but by defense project those feelings/energies. It has nothing, Im sure, to do with anything personal to you.

And as Death said - thumbs up.

Richey

I feel ignored even when I do have period where i am more chatty, i only really ever connect with nerdy, sincere, nicer people.