"You are missed"

madness_lover

I swore to myself that I would not post my social problems here, only reply. However something just happened to me that is quite amazing so I thought I'd share :D.

I believe I have mentioned in another post that I had gone through extreme social isolation mostly because they were teasing me constantly about my appearance and how shy I was. Back then..I would have close friends every school year but we're talking about only 1-3 friends at the most. All throughout middle school I only had 1 friend, that's it, just 1 friend. I got separated from that friend when they assigned us to different home rooms so I was only able to see her during lunch. I felt VERY lonely. It made the teasing all that much harder..

Anyhow, years passed and my social circle grew significantly but I still felt a little lonely in the sense that sometimes I just never felt like truly 'one of the group'. Subconsciously I felt that I had to work hard to earn my place in that group. I saw how social and well liked my friends were and I just felt "inferior" in comparison. Like I would never measure up. Oh sure, if they're my friends it obviously means that they enjoy my company to some extent but I have been betrayed in the past and sometimes I just feel I annoy them. That's the way it was in school, me being in the group but having to do everything to be liked and actually be in the group.

WELL recently I participated in a play and met a new set of friends. We've only hung around twice and talk mostly online because we live on both sides of the country so we don't know each other that well. This morning I log in to facebook only to find this message on my wall from one of them:

"Hey (my name here)!!!! GET ONLINE NOOOOWWW!!!! It's starting to feel empty without you and you are missed!!!!"

and my best friend replied to that comment: 'YESSSSSSSS!'

:D:D:D My whole month has been made.

mrb

nice one glad it made your month , from now on it will just get better and better :D

madness_lover

Thank you very much guys ^^. It sounds all so silly when I read it..celebrating such a minuscule thing. For the longest time I just never felt appreciated and that little message made me feel ...wanted; what a good feeling :).

Luthien

your story made my eyes well up! That's so wonderful! I totally remember that feeling in school, of being so excessively lonely... it's just awful! I'm so happy for you that you finally found some good people. I know, for me, they didn't seem to exist in my area.

Lost Girl

I swore to myself that I would not post my social problems here, only reply. However something just happened to me that is quite amazing so I thought I'd share :D.

I believe I have mentioned in another post that I had gone through extreme social isolation mostly because they were teasing me constantly about my appearance and how shy I was. Back then..I would have close friends every school year but we're talking about only 1-3 friends at the most. All throughout middle school I only had 1 friend, that's it, just 1 friend. I got separated from that friend when they assigned us to different home rooms so I was only able to see her during lunch. I felt VERY lonely. It made the teasing all that much harder..

Anyhow, years passed and my social circle grew significantly but I still felt a little lonely in the sense that sometimes I just never felt like truly 'one of the group'. Subconsciously I felt that I had to work hard to earn my place in that group. I saw how social and well liked my friends were and I just felt "inferior" in comparison. Like I would never measure up. Oh sure, if they're my friends it obviously means that they enjoy my company to some extent but I have been betrayed in the past and sometimes I just feel I annoy them. That's the way it was in school, me being in the group but having to do everything to be liked and actually be in the group.

WELL recently I participated in a play and met a new set of friends. We've only hung around twice and talk mostly online because we live on both sides of the country so we don't know each other that well. This morning I log in to facebook only to find this message on my wall from one of them:

"Hey (my name here)!!!! GET ONLINE NOOOOWWW!!!! It's starting to feel empty without you and you are missed!!!!"

and my best friend replied to that comment: 'YESSSSSSSS!'

:D My whole month has been made.

Awwwwww I love it! :D Lovely feel-good stuff, I'm happy for you and glad you posted!