Yes Man !!!

El.Sonador

just finished watching "Yes Man" starring Jim Carrey

and the first part of the movie reminded me of us people with SA ..

""a lonely man with low self-esteem, He avoids his friends. He has a boring job, and he spends his spare time watching DVDs, he says no to anything ...party invitation .. cinema ... hanging out .. he always says "No" and find excuses to tell people...""

but then he decides that he will say 'yes' for a whole year to any opportunity that present itself ..and his life gets a lot better

SO, I was thinking let's start saying 'yes' just for a month to anything ..not matter how hard it will be... let's just force ourselves to do it ... I'm not saying we go looking for places and social situation ..all I'm asking is when someone ask you to hang out or do something together or whatever just say 'yes' ...let's be 'yes men' and 'yes women'

I going to try it and see how it works...but only if someone will do it with me...

so who's with me ? :)

Oscelot

That movie inspired me too. 15 min. later I was asked by a friend if I wanted to hang out and said no.

I remember watching that movie in the theater a while ago, but I didn't really get to see that self esteem part. I think it's because we were a little late that day lol. I don't really watch movies that much but my brother invited me so yeah. It was a pretty good movie.

thor01

Yeah I thought that too after seeing it, and also thought about saying yes to anything. I think a more realistic option for me would be to try and say yes to more things rather than everything.

recluse

I'll have to watch that film. Well i tend to be avoidant, but most of the time i say yes to going to the cinema but not parties.