Wtf?

lettypagb

so , today i went to the family counselour in school ,lol and she asked why i was there ? and i said because i have social phobia , then she said sooooo , (roll eyes) then i said - can you give me some meds ? lol .... it was so ****in embarassin i dont know wtf happened , then the worst happened ... she asked me .. why do you think you have social phobia , and i said , ( silence ) , nothin ,... i couldnt think about nothin to say , ... so it was a long time ago that i couldnt stande peoples , now i can talk , i can do stuffs in front of everybody and dont feel like phobic , i dont even feel reject so my point is ... does somebody in here can do things you couldnt do ? and if you can would you still want meds and why ? so thats it

dottie

this is going to sound mean but i am not trying to sound mean. why do you think meds will magically solve all of your problems? they won't. maybe you should ask her to help you get into counselling.

Rise Against

If your social phobia is fueled by depression then medication might help... at least its been helping me a lot. but if you just have SAD then the meds might not work.

lettypagb

thankkyou rise against , really helped me :) , no seriously , i may sound sarcastic ,but im dead serious.

SickJoke

she asked me .. why do you think you have social phobia , and i said , ( silence ) , nothin ,... i couldnt think about nothin to say , ... so it was a long time ago that i couldnt stande peoples , now i can talk , i can do stuffs in front of everybody and dont feel like phobic , i dont even feel reject so my point is ... does somebody in here can do things you couldnt do ? and if you can would you still want meds and why ? so thats it

So you're saying you've made progress, and you can cope with social phobia now without meds... but you still want to take meds for some reason? If so, why do you want meds?:confused:

OK, I guess i must respond.

The scenario dictated in the original post is exactly the reason why I found school counselling absolutely useless when I used to have SAD.

You walk in to the office. You sit there. The counselor then stares at you for a LONG time in complete silence with a stupid smile on her face.

Then she might ask something like "so, how have things been going?" in an awkward, and surprisingly superficial way. But then again, maybe I was just being hypersensitive since I'm an INFP.

Then you talk for an hour. At the end, she says. See you next week! and repeat the same useless crap again.

I don't mean to come off as bitter, I'm just trying to illustrate how counselling can often be useless, and make you feel like people are taking you for a ride. I've gotten more useful help from deep discussions with a close introverted friend than from any counselor or therapist.

I never took medication either. Just click on my previous posts to see the natural way of how I overcame SAD.