Work Lunches

lilmutegirl

Recently, I have gone to lunch with some colleagues. The first time, there were 5 of us (all in the same position, all female). It was an okay experience, except I felt like I couldn't contribute much to the conversation. I have decent, if distant, relationships with 3 of the other 4. The fourth I have felt a little intimidated by, but get along with her mostly on a personal level.

The second lunch (today), was the same 5, plus 2 more (males, in the position higher than us). I have similarly decent relationships with them as the rest of the people there. A couple of the women were planning to do something during an upcoming weekend (not work related) and invited the rest of us. I'm interested in going, and feel a little more confident in my relationships/work ability after this.

I'm glad that I have this upswing to my mood, but wish it weren't so influenced by other people.

theoutsider

I'm glad to hear you're interested in going and more confident in your work relationships with them. It may be something to build off. Best of luck to you!

lily

I wish I had connections with people I feel I get along with and are ok to be friends with (for example, they're not too old, can be old though), but one thing that's happening for me is that I have a place I go to for people with mental health challenges and they're having a continental breakfast and I received a call of it coming up so I'm going for the social and I hope it's good. I hope it includes scrambled eggs.