With people I feel trapped.

3lefts

Just getting something else out.
Do you ever feel as if, being with others is sort of a dream like feeling?
You are conscious and aware yet everything is moving in moments. Almost lost in a feeling. The world isn't broad, it's focused in. I often feel grounded in that moment when I'm with them, and it begins to irritate me, there is so much more going on, and I can't be anything else than what I am there with them. Captured in a moment, it's utterly beautiful and yet all I can think of is how it takes me away from everything else.
With people I feel trapped.It drives me insane how there is literally so much going on in the world, literally such a vast existence, so much variety, so many possibilities, so much going on, and I am only in one moment, with these people, doing one thing. What else can I do?
There is no escaping this feeling, I meet new people, same thing. Do something new same thing. always feeling trapped within my existence...
It's not like I get bored with them. But I think I do. With how you get to know them, and then know everything will be that one way, same way. Everything so predictable...

Last edited:

Snowdrop

I think I know how you feel. When I'm with people, talking to them, I feel like I know how this conversation is going to go sometimes. I find conversation boring, and I will always have a similar response depending on what they say and I can predict what they will say. It's all become very analytical and I detest it like that. I want it to be based more on spontaneity, instead it feels cold and robotic. I don't know whether this can relate to you anyhow.
It's also like this in my daily routine too, the activities I do, they never change and I guess that is my fault- yes, I do feel trapped in my life. Like when I return home, it is always the same, the feeling of things happening before, the day before and the day before that, is so strong and overwhelming, it's because my thoughts are also the same everyday. My SA, whatever it is is so strong that my mind has been completely taken over. :( if that makes sense

3lefts

if that makes sense

Makes good sense. And what you said does relate, predictable robotic conversation, doesn't get me so much, as the person themselves. Everyone that is right now, there's already been before us. We're nothing new. Nothing different.

Kiwong

When I am around people I feel like some exotic fish brought up from the depths and being crushed under an enormous weight of potential misunderstanding. Like you my world is focused and closed in on my fear and hoping no one noticed it.

Each conversation is a trial for me, almost like a Spanish Inquisition. Each time I finsih conversing I am thankful for escaping having passed the inquistion and having had a neutral or even postive interaction with another human being. I like to quit while I am ahead and not have another conversation with the same person.

My world opens up when I am out in nature or when I run, or when I travel on my running adventures. That is when I am truly happy, like an eagle soaring, whos true place is in the air, but must come down to land, amongst the land of the people.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I feel the same as you sometimes, but when I do, I am truly with insignificant people, or at least with people who act insignificant with me at the moment (and with whom I probably act insignificant) because we have no connection. But I think there is really an importance with people, and once you connect with some of them, you are not trapped anymore because it becomes important and significant. Yes there is a lot to do, a lot to see and a lot going on in this world, but a big part of what you could considere significant, I think, involve mankind, or at least will become more significant if shared with another human being. I don't know if I'm out of your subject. I am mysanthrope as probably some other people here, but some human beings, as individual, are worth knowing.

Last edited:

3lefts

I feel the same as you sometimes, but when I do, I am truly with insignificant people, or at least with people who act insignificant with me at the moment (and with whom I probably act insignificant) because we have no connection. But I think there is really an importance with people, and once you connect with some of them, you are not trapped anymore because it becomes important and significant. Yes there is a lot to do, a lot to see and a lot going on in this world, but a big part of what you could considere significant, I think, involve mankind, or at least will become more significant if shared with another human being. I don't know if I'm out of your subject.

I think you are right. In the way of significance. It's just, easier said than felt.

Last edited: