Will i ever?

Hottie

i didnt stick to my plan. i was ment to write stuff down for my new counsellor and give them to her but i couldnt find the courage to hand it to her...
my plan b was to ask her could i e-mail her....but again didnt have to courage folr that either.

Im begining to wonder will i ever be able to talk and let go of somethings? :confused:

Feathers

Can you e-mail and ask if you can e-mail things? :)

Sometimes it's easier to ask online...?

(Or you could ask next time?) ((hugs))

Hottie

Hey Feathers, how are you today??

Well the thing about e-mailing her........i dont have her e-mail address. I have the centers e-mail address. Do you think i could e-mail the centre for her e-mail address? But the first time i emailed them they took ages to get back to me so they mightnt even read it till next week.

Personally, it is easier for me to just get the main points i want to say out online or on paper. Once i do that i will be able to talk about them grand - i think - i hope !! See i feel that if i dont have a solid idea of what im going to do or say then i wont say anything. Plus after the "hellos" "how are you", it is hard to say what i want.......and i really want to.

Its like when i go into the counselling room, i am kind of frozen in the chair and my mind goes blank... Its the random saying it to her that im struggeling with and as the weeks go on it will only get more difficult to bring myself to say it. Thats why i want to do it now and get it over with...

I do have her phone number though... shud i text her...? Even saying that i feel pathetic, because all i have to do is open my mouth and say a few sentances and after that its done...

Feathers

Hey Hottie :)

hmm, I think I'd ask her for e-mail address next time, and if it's okay to send her stuff... (or bring it) but you can text her if you wish (and if you can put it into a text so that it makes sense :))
It depends how important this is to you and how quickly you'd like to deal with it..

It's good to prepare and outline stuff even now, as it bothers you, yup. You could take that with you for next week and see if you can talk about it, or just give it to her (if you can put it in 'pretty' form... maybe print it out? It may be easier to make an outline on paper directly tho..)
And if you saw that you couldn't talk about this, you could ask for her e-mail, something like that?
Or if you're in a hurry, maybe try to get e-mail earlier? (text, phone, center)

might also want to read about any privacy rules etc, just in case? It's probably a given anyway.. I don't know if you can send her stuff from an 'anonymous-like' e-address too? (like with a nickname, like on this forum?)

Have you texted with her before? Did she say it's okay? Or might it be easier to just call and ask? though it may be better if she texts you her e-mail, so that it doesn't get misspelled..

I don't know what kind of a person she is and what relationship you have with her, some people may text with the therapist a lot.. if she's older, is she good with texts though? If she doesn't answer right away, it might not mean anything (Some people only check later at night)

There are some therapists online who 'only' work via e-mail, people's views of e-mail are different though.. so it's good to talk about it and see..

lol we are so silly, discussing this when a text or call could solve it too, hehe...
I was okay today but then got cross and still trying to 'vent' it off and distract myself with other things... (like posting on this forum, sigh...)
My mind is much more 'calm' and 'clear' when gluten-free but I still get irritated easily, yikes.. (maybe need to post about it elsewhere tho :))

Good luck!!

Last edited:

Hottie

Thanks for the tips...

I think im going to do the same plan as i had for today, except change it around a little. I am going to go in and before we get into anything im going to say it and if that doesnt happens i will say at the end, "there is things i want to let you know about but im finding them difficult to bring up, would it be alright if i could e-mail you?". And my plan C will be, if i have come home and not said anything i am going to text her and say the sentance above.

No i havnt texted this counsellor before. I only had my second meeting today with her. She qualified in addiction and clinical psychology. Mostly works addictions and i think she'll be grand with phones. I just personally feel she should know about things even if im mainly going there for addiction, as it cannot be helping my anxiety at all...

I think all the online therapy cost money so i dont think i would be taking that route.

:)