wild or captive

NatRad

I feel like, im a wild animal thats been in a cage for 10 years, the cage is now open, im sitting their, outside the cage, looking at the wild jungle, i look back at the cage, the cage ive always known, knowing that i was beaten, abused and humilated in this cage with the odd bone thrown at me but its all i know. i look at the jungle and try and remember what it was like to be a free wild animal. am i a captive animal, or a wild animal.

Oscelot

You're institutionalized brother, and it's going to be hard to break free of it.

I know, because I'm going through the same thing.

workout

That's a beautiful analogy, NatRad. Sad but true. I think most of us feel the same. The solution? Take baby steps and learn how to roam the wild. Retreat into the cage every often to feel secure. You've got me thinking now, brother. I want to start my little forays.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
A wild animal that thas been domesticated and caged, raised as a pet. Now this pet is no longer useful for its owners, so it was thrown away all messed up and injured. Its owners had their fun for some years until their pet grew... when it grew, it was no longer fun, the pet didn't entertain them anymore. What did they do? They turned away leaving the pet rotting alone. The animal is doomed to die from its wounds... starvation... maybe eaten by predators...