Why the HE** do I keep doing stupid stuff

cowboyup

So I received a text from a buddy of mine. In one sentence that he said to me, I flipped and made a huge deal and even bigger mistake of posting it to a public forum (Quipio app) - I didn't use any names, but quoted what was said, posted it and yes, I knew this person was a member on the site. Why did I do it? I have no reasonable nor logical explanation other than the usual - splitting headache, he irritated me, kids whining, me trying to keep up with all the stupid demands - But those are no logical, reasonable explanation for what I did.

In the back of my mind I knew if I just stepped back, took a deep breath, and waited to calm down, it'd go away, but NOOO, I had to go and do the unthinkable.

I hate myself today :(

Of course he saw it/read it and got back with me as to why. I told him what he said to me was hurtful, rude, etc.

He responded with the fact that he knew I was 'nutty/quirky/scatterbrained
when he met me yet is not trying to change me - he accepts that is who I am.

I am really trying to work on getting over the past, be more 'stable' and gain a sense of confidence, build self esteem, then I go and do a stupid thing like that rather than tell him - either via text or skype.

There's no explanation other than I am a D.A. (dumb A**)

I know people do not change overnight. I get that. But I want to be that person people say, "hey, she seems to have it together" (even if kind of false) I want to be happy, healthy, I want to have passion in my life about people, places, things.

I know my longing for these stem from when I was a kid, being bullied, having to carry the load for the family, etc.

I also know that I have told WAY TOO MUCH - exposed too much of my past to this person, which is a no-no.

It seems, oftentimes, when people know TMI about you, it ends up hurting you via that person knowing your weak spots.

...lesson learned...

FACEPALM BIG TIME!

I don't want to be known as the nutty, scatter-brained person. I want to have it together - honestly, I used to but apparently not anymore.

Also, a part of this stems back from when my mom used to call me stupid, never amount to anything, and one night after my dad got home from the bar, I over heard him on the phone to his sister saying, "she (meaning me) should be in a mental hospital, I come home and there is a sink full of dishes here, the dishwasher is full..." he thought I as crazy enough to be committed just for not doing the dishes. That I will never forget and now I feel like I have to watch everything I say and do, in fear someone will think I'm crazy.

But it just turns out I guess I am that stupid girl who is crazy sometimes and I long to be 'stable'.... silly huh?

Some days are crummier than others.

I'll try again tomorrow. I have another change to change, right?

Well, I'm not going on Quipio anymore.

:kickingmyself::kickingmyself:

Lessons I learned today:
Never reveal too much about yourself to others.
Never, ever, even if you are in a rage of madness, post to an open forum about how you feel.
Think better of yourself.

And yes, I am writing this in a public forum, and yes, I just revealed a LOT....

hypocrisy at its best.

ImNotMyIllness

Don't be too hard on yourself. When I'm stressed or very anxious, I tend to be very impulsive, which typically leads to stupid decisions. Everyone makes mistakes.

I think it's important to have a few people (or at least one) that you can disclose things to that are personal. Also sites like these are a good release and sounding board. You just have to be careful "who" you disclose what to. But, you do need at least someone.

Xervello

Perhaps your clumsy impulsiveness is what's most appealing about you. Aside from the occasional grief it causes, lol. I get wanting to have it altogether so you're not constantly making mistakes. But all the same, it's what makes you you. However, I get your larger point. And I wish you luck with it. Don't forget, a lot of us here can feel your pain. :)