Why do you think people cheat? And...

lily

What I've come up w/ is,

1- they're insecure so they do it first,

2- they can't be loyal and stay w/ one and have the urge to try different people at one time whether it's sex, or it's only being w/ various ppl but they still want a back-up who they know will always be loyal so they'll never be alone even if they didn't ever truly like them or thought it was good enough out of greed and shallowness,

3- they are confused at the moment b/t all that come up at one timing but will decide later as they like them all,

4- they like too much attention and it's not that they like any of them back.

Any other ideas? And which one do you view as most common one/s, and why you chose that answer.

JCR

cheating

nice work jinxed! i thik that you hit the nail on the head with ya number 2 description ay.

JCR

cheating

nice work jinxed! i think u hit the nail on the head with description number two. its the urge to try diffrent ppl without staying loyal & wanting to to hav a backup, so as not to be alone.

Septor

Re: Why do you think people cheat? and...

All of the above.There a lot of reason why people cheat.You have came with a lot of them Jinxed.I think the 2 main reason are some people are just asses and some people rush into a relationship with out thinking about it and then they can't figure a way out.

Remus

Staff member
from men I have been freinds with over the years, they tend to like the "getting away with it" and find that exciting

thank god I dont have freinds like that anymore

renegade

People cheat because they CAN.

Because they are not satisfied with only their partner and want more and more. Because they don't have SP and don't fuc*ing care if X or Y leaves them cause they can go very easily to Z and so on.

boodizm

Life in the modern age is full of choice and change and a person can change job, buy a new car, house or live in another country and so on, almost overnight, but when it comes to relationships they have trouble seeing that this is something for forever.
It's plain selfishness, they think about their short-term pleasure over their former partners long-term anguish.

lovemylas

If you are in a relationship, and you are content, you won't cheat unless you have been drugged and are not at your faculties, like they do in the soap operas. It's that simple.

Sex is imperitive for a relationship to stay strong. If it stops or is hindered, and nothing is done to remedy; or at least return some equavalence to the situation, the needing party will seek satisfaction from outside the relationship. That's the physical perspective.

Emotional issues, two of which: verbal & or physical abuse, can cause cheating to occur. This isn't usually described as legitamate "cheating" however, since the abusive party is obviously not loving or kind the way they should be, and therefore shouldn't be surprised when they're left with "the dinner still cooking", as they say. :wink:

Another emotional issue that results in cheating comes from a simple realization of incompatability, and the fault of not communicating it to their partner. People's bodies age, and change. So too, can their minds over time. When this happens, it can be the hardest separation because the feelings might not be mutual, and therefore when the unhappy "cheater" seeks another, there's often hell to pay because it's such a shock to the other party. For this reason, among many others, communication of one's feelings is just as imperitive for a relationship to last, as being able to "jackhammer" as well as you once did. :wink:

And of course there are those perverse individuals out there, who consider the idea of a girlfriend or boyfriend as just a point added to their score, in a sick game they seem to believe they need to play. These poor bastards need to grow up, and settle down. You can be 99% certain one day they will, too. :) It's no fun being "on the prowl", with a middle-age spread and a bald head.

turtlegirl

I've heard it's because the risk and excitement of being with a new person releases feel-good chemicals. Apparently that outweighs the steady comfort you get with a loving spouse.

lily

Re: cheating

JCR said:
nice work jinxed! i thik that you hit the nail on the head with ya number 2 description ay.

thanks for the replies everyone, and yes I thought it thru that day JCR, lol.

DYiNG-iNSiDE

ive had guys cheat on me bcuz i didnt "do enough w/ them" cuz im so shy and quiet so theyd get some slut 2 do stuff w/ then just think they could still have me as their sweet cute quiet little gf.

Thelema

DYiNG-iNSiDE said:
ive had guys cheat on me bcuz i didnt "do enough w/ them" cuz im so shy and quiet so theyd get some slut 2 do stuff w/ then just think they could still have me as their sweet cute quiet little gf.

I know how that feels...

Why does being good to someone have to be so bad?

Kinetik

I think it's simply the cowardly expression of being unsatisfied in a major way. This doesn't come down to anything really specific or material (ie. someone doesn't have a job) but that emotional yearning for something greater. It's all about the connection. If you've got it, you can weather any storm and nothing really matters situationally. It can tame even the biggest player. But if it's lacking, it's going to end in a mutual break-up or with one partner cheating, and whether or not that happens depends on character strength, insecurity etc.

Planet of Women by ZZ Top

What can I do, I'm a nervous wreck?
There's girls everywhere, I better go and check. CHECK IT OUT
I can't tell a diamond from a hole in the ground.
They all got my head spinning round and round.
Planet of women, oh yeah.
The planet of women, oh yeah.
It's driving me insane.

They start by acting just a little discreet.
Then they're in the skies and they're in the streets.
You can find them in cars or a hotel lobby,
they're easy to find, just look for a body.
Planet of women, oh yeah.
Just a planet of women, oh yeah.
It's driving me insane.

If you have the answer, drop me a line today
or send a straight jacket something in a shade of gray.
I think I've sprained my brain 'cause it won't unwind.
Every day it's man against man on the
planet of women, oh yeah.
Just a planet of women, oh yeah.
It's driving me insane,
it's driving me insane.