why do you have social phobia?

nopark

Depression runs in my family, too. They all handle it by self-medicating themselves. Most of them have got functional alcoholism down to an artform. But they're all much better off than I am... Maybe they're on to something!

I think I fall under the category of a "repeatedly stressed" child, as well. It was never a very happy household. My earliest memories are of fighting and holes being punched in the walls -- fear. But then that seemed to abate (I have no idea how; I just remember a point where it all stopped).

And then my sister became an addict and tore my family apart once again. It was just like 6 years of hell. I was old enough to understand everything that was going on, but young enough to not really be able to handle it well. That's when I started becoming really 'SAD'. I remember I'd skip school and just stay in bed for a week sometimes.

So it was chaos for as long as I can remember, up until I was maybe 16, when things started to level out. I have good memories too, and I really love my family -- but it was just like there was some huge problem or fight or massive catastrophe that happened once a week for so long, I was never able to relax. Just when things would die down and life was calm, some new disaster would present itself.