Why did puberty make me ugly?

economist

i used to be considered really good looking

this was maybe up until i was like 15

i think my high point was like the very beginning of puberty
i started early, so in 7th grade i suddenly became one of the taller guys

but still no acne, smooth skin, smaller nose, not tired, shiny eyes

now, fast forward to 12th grade, ive only grown like 2 inches since then (5 9.5)

my nose got thicker, pores on nose got huge, acne got really bad, scarring,
eyes always look tired, skin quality bad, jaw grew more vertically due to mouth breathing, head too big, my nose is always congested making it look bigger
i tried working out and eating a lot over the summer and put on 25 lbs, but even though i gained a lot of muscle my face just got fat

it sucks, idk what happened
with everyone else at my school, puberty has just made them look better,
their faces look the same, just older

i can post pics if necessary
but idk why this happened to me

also, i only chose that pic in my album because i thought i looked okay in it,
luckily it's a bad cam, so u cant see me that well

i can post more accurate pics if needed

laure15

my nose got thicker, pores on nose got huge, acne got really bad, scarring,
eyes always look tired, skin quality bad, jaw grew more vertically due to mouth breathing, head too big, my nose is always congested making it look bigger
i tried working out and eating a lot over the summer and put on 25 lbs, but even though i gained a lot of muscle my face just got fat

Yes, me too! My nose used to be smaller but when puberty hit, it developed pores, blackheads, whiteheads, and sweat a lot. And it got wider too. My eyes used to look bigger as a child but later on, it got smaller. My lips grew fuller too, which I don't like because it makes me look like I'm about to kiss someone. Not to mention I have acne scars. I also gained 15-17 lbs after high school, and I'm in the process of losing them all.

truffleshuffle

I don;t think puberty made me that way I feel I was always like that.Puberty didn;t help matters though Once I hit puberty I ended just getting something else to compound my problmes. Alot of hair and by alot I mean alot well every where besides the top of my head.

coyote

i saw your picture

you're not ugly - not even close

you're just not used to seeing yourself all grown up

don't worry so much - you're a good looking guy, and bound to get even better looking as you age

try to focus on more important things

like using real words and sentences when you type :sarcastic:

Steppen-Wolf

I can't really say if you're infact "ugly" or just very self critical without actually seeing how you look.

That being said, if what you say is factual then it's very common. Puberty can screw with your body in many awful ways.

Hell, I was such a cutie when until 10 or 11 but then came puberty... and BAM!, ugy as sin :giggle:.

Oh well, such is life.