Why being single is great.

Gone

I like this thread, i still don't want to be alone, but atleast now it doesn't sound so bad.

getbornagain

Hindsight is 20/20

I've been alone all my life and no matter how I look at it I will always be wondering what it's like to have someone special. It's nice when someone gives a shit... it's not sweet when no one gives a shit.

weak

There's different degrees of 'single'.

Being flat out single without having even one person interested in you sucks.

Being single in the sense that you're not in a serious relationship but are keeping your options open and seeing a few people on the side is fun.

worrywort

I LOVE being single! and I definitely think some people are hardwired for a single life....and I don't think there's anything wrong with that....I think there can be great benefits to the single life....the best one, for me, is that your purpose in life [if you can find it!] can become your passion and your object of devotion....you can get a lot more work done when you're alone!

Also another fav of mine is that you can bypass all the psychological mind games that are played between men and women. Whenever groups of men and women get together the main reason for all the ugly competitive behaviour where people get hurt and it can get so messy, is because the boys are trying to attract the girls and the girls are trying to attract the boys!...but if you've made your peace with the single life you can rise above the whole thing.

but one last thing I'd like to say is that, for me personally, even though I feel content being single, I still LOVE girls and would absolutely LOVE to meet my soulmate! [although that "special someone" would have to be pretty special to make me give up my solitary existence!] But when you think of the big picture of life, with all these humans running around, 70 odd years of life,....out of everything in life, all the joys and pleasures, love has gotta be the best! Everybody talks about it, there's been a million songs written about it! it sounds incredible!

So I guess I'm saying while the single life can be a totally worthy and honourable way to spend a lifetime, I think it'd be foolish if you were to ever give up on love!

mariecherrie

Here's a switch...why being single is way better than being in a relationship

-I can be completely selfish
-Don't have to worry about ****ing someone's life over
-Don't have to buy Valentine's cards
-I can live comfortably, be a yeti for all anyone cares
-I don't have to be accountable for anyone, go on a trip whenever I feel like it. come home late whenever.
-Do not have to give exhausting emotional support
-If depression hits, I can sink into it, guilt free, without worrying about how it affects the other person. Do not have to feel guilty about thoughts of suicide.
-No shared schedules, do what I want, whenever I want
-No feelings of jealousy, or insecurity in that department
-Do not have to put up with someone else's snoring
-Much less guilt. If I'm feeling crappy and bitter, I don't have to worry about ruining someone's day.
-No awkward family dinners
-I can listen to bad 80s music for days on end and not have to listen to a single complaint from anyone
-Spend money completely how I want to.
-No annoying favours
-I can dress like a piece of garbage and feel fine with it
-Do not have to feel ashamed of physical/psychological flaws (i.e. SA)
-Do not feel 'tied down'.
-Eat when I'm hungry. No unified dinner schedules.
-
-
-

I'm sure I've missed a few... anyone else with me on this train

you are a guy right? OBVIOUSLY... because girls definitely dont feel this way about being single. Sure, I want to take a break from time to time.. but being single for long periods, as girls, and i know guys, can feel lonely and undesired. Its one of those effed up double standards, because single guys who are selective about who they date, are REALLY attractive... yet girls who dont have guys all over them, are undesirable.. basically if you are single.. you will be.. for a while.. versus girls who have bfs on a regular basis will most likely go from guy to guy..
And if you really feel that way when you are in a committed relationship, then.. yeah, you should stay single because it sounds like being in a relationship is too much of a task for you

mrb

nice one

i couldnt help but laugh my head off at this , but most of it is true lol :D

Ubersonic

There's different degrees of 'single'.

Being flat out single without having even one person interested in you sucks.

Being single in the sense that you're not in a serious relationship but are keeping your options open and seeing a few people on the side is fun.

Quoted for truth.

S

skinsxxx

you are a guy right? OBVIOUSLY... because girls definitely dont feel this way about being single. Sure, I want to take a break from time to time.. but being single for long periods, as girls, and i know guys, can feel lonely and undesired. Its one of those effed up double standards, because single guys who are selective about who they date, are REALLY attractive... yet girls who dont have guys all over them, are undesirable.. basically if you are single.. you will be.. for a while.. versus girls who have bfs on a regular basis will most likely go from guy to guy..
And if you really feel that way when you are in a committed relationship, then.. yeah, you should stay single because it sounds like being in a relationship is too much of a task for you

ok so basically your saying on average girls dont feel good about being single but guys do? ....single guys, who are choosey about a partner are attractive but females who are choosey arn't? ...girls who dont have guys all over them are undesireable, but guys who are in the same situation are still desireable? ...if your female and have been single for a while you will most likey stay that way??

i'm struggling to understand how you came up with these gender dependent conclusions of yours.