Why being single is great.

001Common-Ostrich-BINNS-IMG_49.jpg

Last edited:

Dave_McFadden

flakeybarrrrrrkkkkkk said:
-Don't have to buy Valentine's cards

Yeah, all this stuff is nice, but it gets old after 12 years. What I wouldn't give, to have a good reason to get someone a valentine's card again. :(

- I can eat whatever junk I want without anyone telling me to be healthy.
- No need to decorate to impress. The TV trays and chair-as-mousepad are fine. Boxes may stay on floor for several weeks.
- The phone can stay unplugged since nobody else needs it.
- Peace and quiet.

Andrew

Just become a nun, that is where all the people who choose mediocre lives go as they can't handle the downsides that come with the upsides. A constant stream of nothingness.

DaaaBulls

I think the greatest advantage of having a GF that your attracted to would be that you can have sex when ever you want. I'm just waiting for the day I meet that girl that I know is the one, I can't wait, someday I think we all find that person. As long as you go out once in awhile.

Agitha

-I can dress like a piece of garbage and feel fine with it
-Do not feel 'tied down'.

I'm sure I've missed a few... anyone else with me on this train[/quote]

Hehe, I hate feeling tied down. I really enjoy my freedom, I hate to have to beautify myself for any guy..I mean I do it for myself, but I also want to look pretty for him..it's strange. I like dressing down, I guess I have to find someone who accepts me for who I am.

o_O

flakeybarkk said:
-get the entire bed to yourself (sleep in any direction; horizontal, diagonal, etc) and will not be given a look if you just wanna sleep on the couch because, contrary to popular belief, sleeping alone is pretty great.

We have separate bedrooms and bathrooms, so my snoring doesn't bother her and vice versa. I have to wake up at 5:30am to get to work by 7am, but she gets up whenever she wants.

Havocan

Most of these reasons seem to be valid when we're viewing a relationship where both rely and depend so much on each other that they practically have no life outside the spouse/boy- or girlfriend. A healthy life together with your partner for life does not mean that you have to sacrifice your whole life {interests, hobbies, mates and so on} for your partner, it means that you have someone you want to share your life with, but not the whole life.

One day, you might want to spend some time with your friends rather than going home after work, watching TV until 05.00 in the morning, eating ice cream and drinking soda for the whole evening or playing video games for a whole weekend. If your partner can't accept that then he or she is not worth spending time on since a relationship is about giving and receiving.

Plus, the thing you get in a healthy and good relationship is attention, love, closeness and the feeling of being special and important to someone because of the one you are - for free. How sublime isn't that?

Neph

waaaaaa?

ive nevr been in a serious relationship

its a slap in the face to the other person if you dont love them back

ZiggyCosmicJive

A lot of this stuff is true on some levels, but it almost sounds like you're just rationalizing. I've wanted a girlfriend since I was probably 10 (I'm 19), and my life just feels so empty, so I really can't relate.