Who is young and likes Star Trek?

SnowWolf

Battlestar Galactica was so good it kind of ruined other sci fi for me... it was actually believable. Too many overly fake plastic props and flashing lights that do nothing on other shows. Hate Stargate because of the overly sarcastic characters too, if people like that were really responsibe for our world safety we'd be long dead. Universe is okay though. Can't wait for Caprica (loved the pilot).

davidburke

Hate Stargate because of the overly sarcastic characters too, if people like that were really responsibe for our world safety we'd be long dead. Universe is okay though. Can't wait for Caprica (loved the pilot).

thats what makes stargate good and and assuming you want a real person being responsible for our worlds safety thats the kind of person you will have, unless we have vulcans in stargate lol and lets be honest vulans are quite boring :rolleyes: i'm going to make alot of trekkies angry lol ::p:

Kustamogen

Banned
Wow, never knew there were so many Trekkies here! :) Qapla!
I'm 22 and have seen them all several times already, so now I'm getting into the novels! I think i like the series in this order DS9>TNG>ENT>VOY>TOS.

ENT over VOY?!? no way! haha :p

for me its definitely: TNG>DS9>VOY>TOS>ENT

Pookah

thats what makes stargate good and and assuming you want a real person being responsible for our worlds safety thats the kind of person you will have, unless we have vulcans in stargate lol and lets be honest vulans are quite boring :rolleyes: i'm going to make alot of trekkies angry lol ::p:

Vulcans are all about suppressed emotion and rigid social behavior. I relate to them on a certain level. :p

talisman

Who would win in a fight Star Wars or Star Trek?
Chances are they both suck.

In a geeky way I'd say Star Trek, since the tech of Star Trek (shields, quantum torpedoes etc) would probably win over the tech of Star Wars, however in a less-geeky way, Star Wars is a better story and universe.

losttroy

david said:
what did you think of the new movie? alot of trekkies are annoyed with it.

Oh, I soooooo love that new movie!!! My fiance liked it too, and she's a girl, if you are wondering. I don't know much more about the original show than what I have seen on Scifi--I AM CAPTAIN KIRRKKKK!!!! That was so funny. What was that episode about anyway? heh.

Although Data is kind of funny; and I think alot of Levar Burton for Reading rainbow, I have to say the best Trek tv for me was Enterprise with Scott Bakula. I adored their theme song, and the show was very cool in its "prequel" like premise. It's essense was more like Stargate SG1 too, which is my fav scifi show OAT!.

The movies I love are Star Trek 3, 4,5, and First Contact. And again, that amazing movie which I must have a sequel for. Probly just a dumb romantic, but I liked how Spock and Ohura were a thing. And I agree it stands alone. If no other instance of Roddenberry's creation existed, I would still think it was an amazing tale.

I think I may post only in these kind of threads. They seem much safer!!

Someone I forgot's name said:
Who would win in a fight Star Wars or Star Trek?

I have a video of how it all went!! You all can see for yourself. It's amazing and you won't believe who wins!:cool:
Here: YouTube - Star Trek vs. Star Wars

NewHorizons

I'm 22 and I intentionally avoided Star Trek when I was younger, to avoid being labled a nerd. It didn't work, and I missed out on some great shows.
Right now I'm working my way through DS9 via Netflix.

neo

You know, in a way Star Trek has helped me combat my SA. At one point, when my situation got reaaally bad I distinctly remember hearing Picard's famous lines from 'First Contact' in my head - 'The line must be drawn HERE! This far, no further!' (I didn't break any glass, though :) ). And ever since then, I'm steadily improving. Lol, I'm a geek, I know...

I'm also pretty sure the character of Reg Barcley from TNG had SA, or at least extreme shyness.

MothMan

star trek, to me, represents that idea that humans have gotten their **** together on Earth and are now exploring space. nothing is more exciting to me than a future like that.

MothMan

wow this is the first time i've ever had a post censored. and to think I did it for star trek. what i meant to say was 'humans have gotten their *stuff* together'